Library Officer Grade II Careers at State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
The State University of Zanzibar (SUZA) is the Public University in Zanzibar established by Act No. 8 of the House of Representatives of 1999 which was amended by Act No. 11 of 2009, and further re-amended by Act No. 7 of 2016, Act No 1 Part 4 of 2019 and Act No. 13 of 2020. Since its inception in 2002, SUZA has been expanding in academic programmes as well as student enrolment. Its vision is to be the most preferred University in the Eastern Africa.
The State University of Zanzibar (SUZA) invites competent and suitable qualified applicants to fill five (5) academic and seven (7) administrative vacant posts as listed:
Library Officer Grade II (one post)
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in library science, librarianship and information studies, Information Studies or related field from a recognized Higher Learning Institution by Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Check books in and out of the library;
• Administer Library records;
• Plan and deliver client-centered programsand services;
• Administer reference and readers’ services;
• Undertake bibliographical searching;
• Draft original catalogue entries, reference work, collection development, correspondences, etc.;
• Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the relevant authority.
Terms of Service
• Permanent and Pensionable.
Terms and Condition for Application
• Applicants should attach copies of relevant academic certificates, Zanzibar ID, current curriculum vitae, recommendation letter from two (2) outstanding academic/work referees and indicate reliable contacts.
• Applicants who are not a public servants should not exceed A0 years of age during application date;
• Applicants under Public service employment MUST forward their application letters through their respective employers. Failure to do that, their applications will not be considered.
• Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and for Technical Education should be verified by the National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET).
• Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities(TCU).
• Applicants with disabilities are advised to indicate their special needs.
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
Nafasi za kazi SUZA – Vacancies at SUZA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit resumes and cover letters to
State University of Zanzibar
P.0. Box 146,
Tunguu – Zanzibar.
The deadline for submitting the application is May 26, 2023 before 16:00 hours.
Candidates should indicate the positions for which they are applying in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.