Lead Administrator Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) Latest TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of the horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
Lead Administrator Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) Latest
TAHA is currently implementing a 5-year USAID funded project called USAID “Tuhifadhi Chakula” activity. The purpose of the Project is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. The project is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing postharvest handling issues within key value chains with a major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. The project will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which improve food handling, storage and value addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organizations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
|Reporting to||Senior Officer HR and Administration|
|Duty station||Arusha, Tanzania|
Lead Administrator is responsible to ensure seamless operation of the project by providing essential administrative support to project staff, managing administrative processes, and contributing to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of project execution.
Scope of work
- Provide administrative assistance to project staff, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, preparing documents, and managing communication.
- Act as a central point of contact for administrative queries and requests from project team members and external stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining project calendars, deadlines, and reminders to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Organize and maintain project-related documents, files, and records, both in physical and electronic formats.
- Ensure the proper version control of documents and facilitate their accessibility for team members.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for project events, meetings, workshops, and conferences, including venue booking, catering, and equipment setup.
- Assist in the planning and execution of project-related travel arrangements for team members and stakeholders.
- Draft, review, and edit project-related communications, emails, and official correspondence.
- Maintain open channels of communication within the project team, ensuring that relevant information is shared effectively.
- Collaborate with the finance team to track project-related expenses and assist in budget monitoring.
- Manage procurement requests for administrative supplies and services in alignment with project guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of project-related administrative activities, expenditures, and progress.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including partners, vendors, and service providers.
- Facilitate communication between project staff and stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or any other related field
- Proven work experience of at least 4 years in administrative roles, preferably in project or team support.
• Proficiency in office software and tools (Microsoft Office suite, project management software, etc.). Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills. Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and meet deadlines. Analytical mindset with problem-solving abilities. Adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic project environment.
|Experience in Months||48|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
- Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
- 1. Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: [email protected].
- 2. Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
- 3. Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for. For example: “APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION.”
- 4. Focus on One Application: Applicants are requested to apply for one specific vacancy only. Multiple applications for different positions will not be accepted.
- 5. Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, 12th September, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- 6. Adherence: Please carefully adhere to all instructions provided above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in your application not being reviewed.
The successful candidate will be remunerated according to the TAHA salary scale, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other employment benefits will be as per the organization’s policy.
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.