Jobs Opportunities at African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) IT OFFICER nafasi za kazi The African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) is seeking for IT officer.
The African Minerals and Geo-sciences Centre (AMGC), formerly known as Southern and Eastern African Mineral Centre (SEAMIC) was established in 1977 principally to carry out regional geological surveying and to provide minerals exploration and consulting services for programs of its founding member states, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Mozambique, later joined by Uganda, Angola and the Comoros. Kenya became a member in 2006 and the Sudan joined in 2010. In 2007, the ministerial meeting in Maputo decided that membership is open to all African states. To reflect this expansion of the scope, the name of the Centre changed to African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) starting from July 2015.
Jobs Opportunities at African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) IT OFFICER
|JOB TITLE||IT OFFICER|
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports directly to the Manager of Geo-Information
Department / Director General
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
A qualified IT Officer will maintain Computer Hardware, Software and Peripherals and undertake and execute all activities of the system and network administrator.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, and internet and intranet systems, to produce and maintain the central database of the Centre.
- Ensure IT security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- To advise on procurement of all IT infrastructure of the Centre;
- To maintain all IT infrastructure of the Centre and advise when external expertise is required; and to prepare and produce promotional materials and publications of the Centre
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Operate the E-mail and Internet services of the Centre
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory Services.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, personal digital assistants, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Ensure the Centre’s website is updated and administered frequently.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Geo-Information Manager.
- performs other tasks as may be assigned by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of work experience in Systems Analysis and Design, Computer Programming or IT Infrastructure, and user Support/ administration He/she should have experience in hardware and software installation and configuration.
- Working experience with Windows servers physical and virtual.
- Experience in working with Windows infrastructure i.e., MS Exchange, Domain, MS SQL, Controllers, etc.
- Relevant experience with web services.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Specialized Courses in GIS (Geographical Information Systems) would be an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments and job procedures
- High level of personal accountability and sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work as a team and under pressure with minimal supervision
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Applications should include the following documents: An application letter in English highlighting the candidate’s motivation and describing how the candidate meets the essential qualifications and skills for the position; A detailed CV with contact information for three referees (including their affiliation, position, e-mail, and telephone number; support letters may also be attached); Certified copies of the academic certificates, as well as other relevant certificates (e.g., training and work experience) and send to:-
- Director General,
- African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC),
- P.O. Box 9573,
- Kunduchi Beach Area, Dar es Salaam,
- E-mail: [email protected] and [email protected]
Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Submit your application before 12th September 2023.