Jobs Opportunities at African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) Administration and Accounts Officer nafasi za kazi African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) is seeking for Administration and Accounts Officer.
Jobs Opportunities at African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) Administration and Accounts Officer
The African Minerals and Geo-sciences Centre (AMGC), formerly known as Southern and Eastern African Mineral Centre (SEAMIC) was established in 1977 principally to carry out regional geological surveying and to provide minerals exploration and consulting services for programs of its founding member states, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Mozambique, later joined by Uganda, Angola and the Comoros. Kenya became a member in 2006 and the Sudan joined in 2010. In 2007, the ministerial meeting in Maputo decided that membership is open to all African states. To reflect this expansion of the scope, the name of the Centre changed to African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC) starting from July 2015.
|JOB TITLE||ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER|
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports directly to the Finance and Administration Manager/ Director General
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
A qualified Administration and Accounts Officer for working in the Finance and Administration Department to manage funds allocated to the Centre and assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the execution of his duties.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and implementation plans of the Centre
• Assist in the management of the income generating activities of the Centre.
- Ensure the maintenance and safe custody of all assets and supplies.
- Ensure the Maintenance of the Asset Register of the Centre
- Maintain Cash Books/Ledgers and other relevant accounting books and records
- Maintain Centre’s accounts
- Ensure proper disbursement of funds
- Gain familiarity with the new computerized accounting system and ensure proper use and maintenance of the computerized accounting system.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in maintaining and updating personnel records
- Assist in the implementation of staff rules and regulations of the Centre.
Administration and Reporting
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the execution of their duties
- Administer ordering of equipment and consumables
- Maintain accounting documents and other records and files.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Finance and Administration Manager
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A valid Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related fields with At least 3 years of proven working experience.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Familiar with various Accounting Software and competent in using Sage Pastel Software
- Highly degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Computer literacy such as MS Office (especially Excel)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- High level of personal accountability and sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work as a team and under pressure with minimal supervision
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Applications should include the following documents: An application letter in English highlighting the candidate’s motivation and describing how the candidate meets the essential qualifications and skills for the position; A detailed CV with contact information for three referees (including their affiliation, position, e-mail, and telephone number; support letters may also be attached); Certified copies of the academic certificates, as well as other relevant certificates (e.g., training and work experience) and send to:-
- Director General,
- African Minerals and Geosciences Centre (AMGC),
- P.O. Box 9573,
- Kunduchi Beach Area, Dar es Salaam,
- E-mail: [email protected] and [email protected]
Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Submit your application before 12th September 2023.