Job Opportunities at Dazhong Wood Industry Company Limited 2023 –
|ROLE||SENIOR AND JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT(2 POSTS)|
|DEADLINE||21st APRIL, 2023|
DAZHONG WOOD INDUSTRY COMPANY LIMITED is the parent company of the group in China: Jinfengyu Agricultural Science Technology Co Ltd, which is one of the top 20 companies engaged in various agricultural and forestry development in China, has a deep background and is also a listed company in Hong Kong, China. All financial and business activities are not only supervised and managed by the Tanzania government, but relevant controlled by the Chinese Laws and regulations on companies and listed enterprises.
In line with the current strategy, We are looking for a highly motivated Senior and Junior Accountant to work within the Finance team. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, you will be focusing on implementing financial processes and controls around business activities.
In addition, you will gain experience across all aspects of control, compliance and statutory reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity which offers you the opportunity to work closely with the financial teams and shape the processes from order to cash.
The role is based in Mwenge warehouse office in Dar es Salaam city, with occasional travel to our other offices as necessary.
- Liaising with sales to ensure contacts are completed accurately, signed and filed;
- Ensuring completeness of billing information to facilitate invoicing and collection;
- Perform checking for sales and purchase invoices for product line;
- Calculate and post journals for revenue, cost of sales and expenditure;
- Apply accurate nominal coding and adhere to group policy and apply local GAAP
- Weekly reporting of invoiced sales, revenue and order book and expenditure;
- Work with the other business departments to prepare forecasts and budgets;
- Booking and reconciliation of inter company transactions；
- Assist in Monthly reporting and analysis of business performance;
- Assist in Monthly reporting and analysis of VAT return；
- Assist in Monthly filing of VAT assessment;
- Assist in Quarterly submission of corporate income tax;
- Assist in Yearly submission of Final Tax Return for Corporate Income Tax;
- Assist in Yearly submission of Financial statements;
- Additionally support the finance director with a variety of financial task, including, but not limited to: Balance sheet reconciliations, inter company accounting, statutory account preparation, banking and various compliance tasks for the wider business；
Qualifications and Desirable skills
- College Graduate of Accounting and Finance；
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an accounting environment；
- Highly motivated, Confident and results oriented；
- Logical and proactive approach to problem solving；
- Ability work to tight deadlines；
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail；
- Good knowledge of accounting standards, especially with application to revenue
- Technical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP would be an advantage；
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization；
- Strong academic background and a proactive approach to learning and development；
- Strong Excel skills
Qualifications and Experience ➢ Bachelors’ degree in Account.
➢ Knowledge on business and Accounts
- CPA certificate is added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with customers
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting the position your applying for on the subject of the email. To be considered, applications MUST be submitted through [email protected] not later than 21st April 2023. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.