The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited is a Tanzanian parastatal organisation established in 1964. It is wholly owned by the government of Tanzania. The Ministry of Energy and Minerals regulates the operations of TANESCO.
Nafasi za kazi TANESCO Tanzania Latest
cusing on increasing the outreach and service quality in Tanzania and region as well. The reformation includes increasing power generation, enhancing business excellence, power reliability and improving customer service. To reach its goals, the Company has reviewed its Organisation Structure and therefore invites self-motivated, honest, hardworking, and committed Tanzanians to fill the under-mentioned posts at Head Office.
Deputy Managing Director – Planning, Research, and Investment
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: All Employees in the Projects, Resource Mobilization and Planning, Research & Business Development Departments Workstation: Head Office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise Managing Director on all matters pertaining to planning, research, business development, resource mobilization and execution of projects in the Company.
- Direct, lead and manage the overall strategic planning of the company and ensure that the approved plans are in line with the power system master plan and each major project is executed as per schedule.
- Direct, lead and manage resource mobilization activities for the purpose of funding strategic projects of the company.
- Oversee the execution of company projects and ensure that they are completed adhering to planned schedules, cost and quality.
- Liaise frequently with all Utility stakeholders that include Development Partners, Regulatory Authorities, Sector Ministry etc. and ensure proper communication flow is always maintained to enhance timely implementation of Company activities.
- Develop and install audit systems and processes and ensure all investment projects have a well-designed engineering schedule, all risks explored & mitigated and are effectively executed within time and budget and the accounting officer is well appraised timely.
- Manage and coordinate research activities across the Company as well as implementation of environmental activities in compliance with existing legislation.
- Manage and provide expertise on monitoring and evaluation activities, business development, risk management, management of Power Purchase Agreement, Gas Supply Agreements, and electricity tariff applications.
- Oversee the preparation of corporate strategic plan and investment budget and also devise mechanisms and controls to ensure all costs are maintained within budget limits.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Economics/Planning/Finance or Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (General) is a must.
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience and proven good performance in reputable organization, out of which at least five (5) years should be in senior managerial level.
3.0. How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a detailed written application attached with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) attached with all relevant certificates including three (3) referees. Application closing date is 9th July 2023. All applications should be addressed to:
- MANAGING DIRECTOR,
- TANESCO HEAD OFFICE,
- Dar Es Salaam Road,
- PO BOX 453,
- All applications shall be sent through email ([email protected]).
- No physical application shall be accepted.
- TANESCO provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- All Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.