Internship Job at Power Providers 2023;- Power Providers was founded in by Clive Jones, a British national who has been living in Tanzania for over 30 years, together with three Tanzanian partners. He started Power Providers in 2007 to address a growing need for quality (solar) power systems in remote areas in Tanzania. It has grown ever since based on the conviction that developing alternatives to fossil fuels is imperative for sustainable human development. In 2013, 2014 and 2015 Power Providers was acknowledged in the KPMG/Citizen annual awards as one of the Top 100 Midsized Companies in Tanzania. Today Power Providers’ client list includes hospitals, schools, major tour operators, hotels, farms and industrial facilities as well as NGOs and conservation organisations.
Internship Job at Power Providers 2023
Power Providers designs, supplies and installs high-quality solar power solutions and provides professional support services for its clients. Service is our strength.
To provide our clients with affordable and reliable power by installing high quality renewable energy systems with great service.
Power Providers will continue to pioneer the mainstreaming of renewable energy in the Tanzanian power sector in order to contribute meaningfully to the strengthening of Tanzania’s power security and a wider distribution of power nationally.
Internship Opportunity: Technical Operations Assistant Assist the Technical Operations in the following areas:
- Managing Company Operational requirements
- Establishing daily technician activities management overview and tracking
- Installation scheduling and logistics
- Updating company documents i.e project planning and tracking, etc
- Providing technical coordination to Technicians during pre-installations, ongoing installations/projects and post-installations.
- Report editing/writing and proofing prior to release to the clients
- Managing and tracking the status and progress of third-party repairs
- Managing and tracking fabrication of PV frames, battery rack, etc
- Managing company vehicles that includes Km tracking for scheduling periodic maintenance, vehicle repairs, etc
- Manage, track and schedule due maintenance intervention of existing installed solar power systems, power backup systems, solar water pumps, Generators, etc
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Technical Operations Manager & Managing Director
- At least a Diploma/Advance Diploma in Operations Management, Renewable energy engineering, Electric Electronics engineering or a related field.Should have a year of working experience in a highly technical environment.
- Good communication skills, Fluent English language speaking and writing. This will be tested!
- Ability to work on the tasks assigned independently or team work with minimum supervision and deliver results
- Knowledge of basic electric/electronics troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Computer skills including Google documents, sheets, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure but still retain the ability to function and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize tasks, think creatively and strategically.
- Teamwork spirit. Ability to coordinate and interact with other departments within the company
- Possession of a driving License. Minimum Class D
- Should be registered by ERB. Possession of EWURA license is a plus
- Knowledge of sales is a plus
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Technical Operations Manager
Work Hours: 8 Experience in Months: 12 Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following:
Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply The deadline for submission is March 28th, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled soon after the deadline.