Supply Chain Intern Vacancy at International Rescue Committee 2023
Requisition ID: req37082
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Supply Chain Intern is responsible for supporting delivery of all logistical functions in Nairobi office.
Logistics, Travel and Transport
- Processing of payments in a timely manner including Taxis, Flights and Accommodation.
- Timely planning, communication and coordination with the requesting staff/programs regarding their travel requests.
- Collaborating closely with travel service providers and airlines for provision of travel services.
- Ensuring up-to-date records are maintained for flights, accommodation and taxi bookings.
- Act as focal point for all travel and transport related matters including flight bookings, accommodation for travelling staff and servicing for taxi requests in the absence of the supervisor.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of transport and travel service providers and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Support the logistics officer in vehicle allocation to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program teams and supervisor.
- Support in ensuring that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Supervising fuel consumption on BV cards.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage, and spares expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting, and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Support the logistics officer in management, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of all IRC vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Participating in Travel service Provider Sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers.
- Preparing necessary documentation for vehicle registration in accordance to the rules and regulations of the country.
- Handling Travel Contracts to ensure compliance with contract service level agreements (SLA).
- Proactively provide feedback and updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Fulfil other duties, as appropriate or requested by Supply Chain Coordinator/Supply Chain manager/Logistics officer.
- Any other duties assigned
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter with proven ability to multi-task, , take initiative, and manage time effectively.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a detailed and efficient approach to work.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, genders and backgrounds.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain management/Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred.
- Proficient in English (written and spoken).
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment.
- Professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Dedication, punctuality, proactive, a good teammate, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, diligent, transparent, etc
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes