Intern Finance at Jhpiego To provide support to Jhpiego Tanzania Finance Department and ensure the smooth running of the departments day-to-day operations.
Intern Finance at Jhpiego
This includes assisting in proper keeping of financial documents, reviewing of expense reports, reconciliation of vendor statements and maintaining proper financial accounting and bookkeeping records required to ensure effective performance of Jhpiego Tanzania’s financial operations.
- Updating payments tracker on daily basis.
- Updating VAT tracker on a timely basis
- Compiling and organizing Tax Invoices for VAT refunds.
- Primary review of Travel expense reports, Program expense reports, vendor invoices before forwarding them to the respective Finance Officer.
- Proper Arrangement, Coding, Naming, Filing and Stamping of financial documents (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable).
- Pulling of documents from filing cabinets for audits/reviews.
- Scanning of documents for storage/audits/routing for Reviews and Approvals.
Reconciliation of vendor statements
- Following up with the procurement and operations department staff on unsubmitted invoices and supporting documents to finance for payment processing.
- Work with the transport department on reviewing fuel cards reconciliations
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma, Under graduate student, Graduate, Postgraduate student majoring in Business
- Administration/Accounting/Finance and Accounting. Basic knowledge of computers, and
- use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The interns must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
- Should be capable of preparing and maintaining accounting records and documentation.
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computer, various software applications and standard office equipment.