Human Wildlife Conflict Officer job at Oikos East Africa -In This Article, Oikos East Africa is a Tanzanian NGO that fights poverty through biodiversity protection and sustainable use of natural resources.
|Job Category||NGO – Non Government Organisations jobs in Tanzania|
|Deadline of this Job||Friday, May 26 2023|
|No of Jobs||1|
Reduction of traffic-related wildlife mortality on the Arusha-Namanga road
• Co-lead field monitoring of road kill and wildlife movement on the road
• Ensure quality data collection and data analysis with several stakeholders (villagers, bus drivers…)
• Support the development of mitigation plan to reduce wildlife road kills
• Liaise with relevant authorities to inform the achievements and results
Human-wildlife conflict mitigation in project areas
• Co-lead field data collection on human-wildlife conflicts in the two target areas
• Co-lead field data collection on Knowledge, Perception, Attitude and Practice towards wildlife, ecosystem, biodiversity, patrolling, and WMA
• Ensure quality data collection, data analysis and design of baselines
• Support the identification and deployment of appropriate mitigation measures
• Co-lead the trainings of farmers and game wardens on human-wildlife conflict mitigation measures in two target areas
• Support the design of human-wildlife coexistence awareness campaigns
• Assist the project supervisors in collecting data as per instructions including administration of questionnaires, baselines and exit lines and any ongoing monitoring activity.
Be available to carry out any other duty related to the programme as requested by the PM or APM if and when circumstances will arise.
Requirements for the position:
• Master in conservation, environment or natural resource management.
• Previous experience in human-wildlife conflict mitigation and promotion of coexistence.
• Experience in training local communities on conservation related topics.
• Skills in data collection, management and analysis, as well in mapping (advantageous)
• Required fluency in English and Kiswahili, and advantage in Maasai.
• Experienced in writing clear reports in English.
Nafasi za kazi Oikos East Africa – Vacancies Oikos East Africa 2023
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your CV, application letter and copy of your certificates by email [email protected] by 26 May 2023 5pm.