Human Rights Co-ordinator job at Air Swift 2023;- Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider to industries focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
At Airswift, we have mandated a culture of growth – this means that not only will the company grow, but it will grow through the growth of our employees. The personal development and career trajectory of our employees is a core value and focus which we know will ultimately grow our organization. This means we will never be satisfied with the status quo. We endeavour to improve every day, to take innovative risks and encourage behaviour that represents that value well.
The heart of our business is our people. We create a safe and inclusive environment to protect the physical and psychological wellbeing of everyone we work with. Prioritising safety ensures our staff, candidates and clients can do their absolute best work. Emotional, mental, and physical health forms a vital part of your life and impacts your thoughts, behaviours, emotions and actions. Being healthy emotionally can promote productivity and effectiveness in your family and work life. And we want our employees to have a healthy balance of both.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Supporting the Project to adhere to the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
• Ensuring the implantation of the EACOP Human Rights Policy all along the supply chain and the Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) recommendations.
• Proactively promote awareness and understanding of Human rights in Business, internally and externally.
• Develop and facilitate training sessions on specific topics according to the internal stakeholders’ (EACOP staff and Contractors staff) needs.
• Monitor and evaluate the progress made with all the operational entities reg. HRDD recommendations implementation.
• Develop strategic partnerships with key Human rights actors in Tanzania (The Global Compact Local Chapter)
• ? Be the focal point for the monitoring of the Human Rights recommendations implementation by all the operational entities (Project team/ Security team/ HSE team/ LSOC team/ Human Resources team…).
• Ensure that Human Rights recommendations implementation is harmonized between Tanzania and Uganda.
• Ensure that adequate systems, tools, and processes are in place to appropriately monitor the implementation of Human Rights mitigation measures activities across the Project in Tanzania.
• Issue the monthly report reg. EACOP human rights progress for Uganda and Tanzania.
• Provide a regular update (monthly and quarterly) on mitigation actions addressing the recommendations for key salient issues.
• Participate in the annual report to describe the implementation of the Human Rights Action Plan, as requested in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
• University degree in Social Sciences or Human Rights. A Post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the linear construction and extractives industry including at least 5 years of experience in human rights and human rights security-related compliance in the development field, and community capacity building for Human Rights.
• Knowledge of international environmental and social standards particularly the IFC Performance Standards, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and international good practice.
• Experience in regular interfaces with and undertaking field oversight in the implementation of human rights/Labour rights/ and project commitments.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including local institutions, local communities, industry partners, CSOs/NGOs, and international organizations.
• Negotiation and conflict management skills.
• Excellent computer; report writing and analytical skills.
Work Hours: 8 Experience in Months: 60 Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants Click here to Apply