Human Resources Officer job at Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is a global comunity conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall by conversing chimpanzees and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals, and the environment, we strongly believe everything is connected and everyone can make a difference.
Human Resources Officer jobs
This is a full-time job position, the job holder will assist the role and responsibilities of the office of Director of Human Resources as will be required from time to time.
Human Resources Officer Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure a fair, legal complaint, procedural and competitive recruitment & selection process which will result into attracting and hiring suitable candidates for JGI-TZ and handle all staffing logistics properly.
• Conduct employee orientation to new joiners, monitor probationary periods for new employees and facilitate their confirmations as per JGI-TZ policy.
• Implement employee performance management as per the JGI policy, ensure performance goals setting and evaluations are timely and appropriately done.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible risk and legal issues.
• Manage employee relations in line with the labour laws and by applying best practices, this includes effective management of Trade Union.
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the organization’s full legal rights.
• Maintaining both manual and electronic employee files and ensuring proper administration of the employees filing system. Job Descriptions are kept up to date, facilitate the creation of new Job descriptions by Project and Departmental Leaders.
• Generate and provide information and reports on various HR activities and matters such as staff turnover, performance management, cost per hire, training & development etc.
• Manage employees’ leave including tracking employees’ leave taken & balances and consolidation of employee’s monthly leave report.
• Conduct training needs analysis and designs part of implementing employees training and development process, execute the training plan with inputs from Project Leaders, manage costs to budget. Conduct training to employees on various areas such as performance management, employees’ rights, and all other areas of need related to HR.
• Provide day-to-day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
• Handle employees disciplinary, grievance and court cases in legal compliant and professional manner.
• Handle all employees’ welfare matters together with health & safety, design and implement team building activities, provide HR helpdesk support and advice to employees.
• Handle payroll inputs & payroll compilation, pensions registration, pension benefits administration, and payroll statutory deductions and additions, making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time as key components of the compensation and benefits.
• Advising Supervisors and other employees on employment laws and employees’ policies and procedures.
Human Resources Officer Required Jobs Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of a bachelor’s degree in human resources management or social sciences from a reputable higher learning Institution.
• At least 3 to 5 years of work experience in the Human Resources field as a generalist.
• Background or knowledge of law will be added advantage.
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills, Positive attitude-oriented person, Hardworking, Ethical, decent, and well-mannered person.
• Organisational skills, Team building skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills, Effective verbal, listening and writing skills, Good Computer skills.
|Experience in Months||36|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (resume), copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview and provided with interview feedback.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 August 2023.