5 HIV Prevention Officers Jobs Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
5 HIV Prevention Officers Jobs Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position Title||HIV Prevention Officers (5 Positions)|
|Work Station||Mara (2), Simiyu (2), Zanzibar (1)|
|Reports to||Regional Project Manager|
The focus of the HIV Prevention Officer is to ensure that all facility-based HIV Prevention activities (GBV, CECAP, PREP, MAT, HPV) are implemented at the acceptable service delivery standards in the specific districts and supported facilities.
S/he will engage and work closely with providers at the facility setting including collaborating with R/CHMT, Facility in charge, and HIV Prevention focal persons with technical advice and guidance from the project HIV Testing and Prevention officers. S/he will report directly to Regional Program Manager on administrative matters and directly to HIV Prevention Advisor for technical advice and guidance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of annual work plans for the implementation of HIV prevention
- To ensure that HIV prevention activities are offered at all service points (OPD, RCH, CTC, and Methadone Assisted Therapy Unit) at project-supported health facilities
- To strengthen site capacity in implementing cervical cancer screening and treatment including referral to higher centers among all PLHIV women, as per National
- To provide supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching, on-the-job training, off-site orientation, dissemination of guidelines and standards, and scale best practices to the project-supported facilities
- Ensure adequate supplies of commodities (cervical cancer screening, methadone Assisted Therapy utensils, GBV kits, Prep supplies) and other materials including tools and relevant SOPs at the project-supported sites
- In collaboration with HIV Prevention Advisor, follow up with CHMTs and respective Civil Society Organisations (CSO) to ensure that project activities are well implemented at the project-supported sites and all financial obligations are met on
- To liaise with other project staff to ensure successful referral and proper management of all Gender Based Violence cases both at the community and Health
- Integrate post-GBV and VAC services within the existing care and treatment services in all supported facilities including PEP, STI screening and treatment, basic psycho-social assessment and counseling, care and support, collection of forensic evidence, and referral to the police or legal systems and to other community services for GBV/VAC
- Support project-supported sites in the implementation of strategies to identify People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) from the community for enrolment into CSO and MAT Clinic.
- Work in collaboration with other project staff mainly community KVP and PMCTC to ensure smooth implementation of PrEP activities both at Facility and Community
- Support sites in achieving Prevention indicators (GBV, Cervical Cancer screening, KP MAT, and PrEP targets by conducting weekly review meetings to assess performances with the development of action plans
- Work with CHMT to ensure the successful transference of mentorship, technical support, and support supervision to Health Care Workers at supported health
- Work with M&E on program monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and documentation on weekly, monthly, and quarterly bases using existing National/PEPFAR tools in a timely
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in the related field of clinical and medical services, social science, counseling, or psychology.
- Medical professional background with public or community health skills is an added advantage
- At least two years experience in implementing an HIV
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
- Relevant interpersonal skills; ability to work with others, develop and maintain good work relationships
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to
- Any training or previous experience with Gender Based Violence services will be an added
- Experience working with PEPFAR Funded.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be