Forest Guard II (15 Posts) at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency is a semi-autonomous Government Agency established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010 under Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended from time to time. The Agency implements the National Forest and Beekeeping Policy of 1998 and the Forest Act (Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources. The agency is among four units forming the Wildlife and Forest Conservation Service established by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No. 2) Act, 2020.
The Headquarters is located in Dar es Salaam at Mpingo House, Ivory Room premises along Nyerere Road. TFS operates in seven zones as follows: Eastern zone (Kibaha in Pwani Region), Southern zone (Masasi District in Mtwara Region), Southern Highlands zone (Mbeya City in Mbeya Region), Northern zone (Same District in Kilimanjaro Region), Western zone (Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake zone (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central zone (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region). All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, while the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
Forest Guard Jobs at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency
|Job Title||Forest Guard II (15 Posts)|
|Duty Station||Central Zone|
Holder of Form IV/VI who has attended training of National Service/Militia/Fire and Rescue or related training from recognized Institution.
- To guard and prevent unauthorized entry into natural or plantation forests
- To carry out planned and ad hoc patrols of forests
- To monitor movements of people with suspicious forest products and report them to appropriate authorities
- To arrest illegal forest entrants in conjunction with authorized local authorities
- To participate in forest fire management practices; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned time to time by Supervisor.
- Applicants must have clean criminal record;
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, Postal Address, email address and Telephone number.
- Certifies Copies of Certificates
- Only Successful candidates will be contacted for further Procedures.
- Interested applicants should submit their applications by 14th August, 2023 3:30 PM through to the following address:
Tanzania Forest Services Agency,
P.O. BOX 840,