Fix for Hulu Error Code 21: The Most Convenient Method;- Hulu Error Code 21 is typically associated with a network issue. It usually occurs when the network settings have been changed, or when a VPN is being used. The most effective way to fix this error is to restart the modem and reconnect to the network.
This will apply any new settings and may resolve the issue. Additionally, if you are using an app or streaming device, try deleting and reinstalling the Hulu app, restarting your device, and/or disconnecting any VPNs or other surfing tools. Finally, if none of these solutions work, it may be related to a memory leak in Chrome, resulting in the program continually using more memory and bogging down the system. This can be fixed by checking for bad code causing an infinite loop, and if necessary, contact Google Inc. for help.
Unlike other Hulu errors, the Hulu Error Code 21 appears when Hulu services encounter network-related issues. This error can occur in web browsers or the dedicated Hulu app on various devices. We discovered the root cause and the simplest way to correct this error. Continue reading!
What Is Hulu Error Code 21?
The message “Error: 21 – ERR NETWORK CHANGED” appears on the screen when you receive the Hulu Error Code 21. It is a problem with the network. The error indicates that Hulu servers have detected a change in your internet service provider.
Hulu interrupted your streaming and displayed an error message as the internet access endpoints changed. This error could be caused by one of the following:
Faulty Connection/ WiFi setup
This error may appear if Hulu servers are unable to respond to your device due to a faulty internet connection. It may also appear if your modem/router settings are changed manually.
Using Anonymous Proxy Tools
Third-party anonymous browsing tools can help you maintain your anonymity while surfing the web. This feature prevents Hulu’s services from responding to your devices. It is preferable to disable such tools while watching Hulu.
Hulu content is only available in the United States and Japan. However, if you are streaming from another location, you can use VPNs that are compatible with Hulu. However, if you use a VPN while streaming from the United States, you will almost certainly encounter such network errors.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 21?
Because Hulu Error Code 21 is a network-related issue, the most common troubleshooting method is to reset your connection. But there’s a lot more you can do to help.
Restarting the Router/ Modem
Restarting the modem will be the first step.
- Turn off your router, and remove the LAN cable.
- Turn it back on and give it some time to reboot
- Plug in the LAN cable
- Wait for your streaming device to get connected to the Wifi
- Check if the issue persists
Reset TCP/ IP
Resetting your TCP/ IP to default is the next logical solution
- ype cmd and Run it as an Administrator
- When the command prompt appears, type “netsh int ip reset” and press Enter.
- Give it some time and then restart your system.
- Click on the Apple logo and open System Preferences
- Select Network. A screen will pop up showing all available internet connections
- Select the connection you are connected to and click on Advanced.
- Switch to the TCP/ IP tab and click Renew DHCP Lease.
- Click Ok
Flush DNS Servers
Flushing your DNS servers will reset your internet connection. This is how you can do it
- Click Start, search for command prompt and Run it as an Administrator
- Type the following commands followed by Enter
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Reboot your machine and launch Hulu.
- Open Terminal
- Type sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder and press Enter
- Enter Admin Username and Password
- Restart your machine and launch Hulu
Updating the Network Drivers
Drivers are software packages that communicate between hardware and software. If your network drivers are corrupt, data sent from Hulu servers won’t be consumed by its services and lead to the Hulu Error Code 21.
Here’s how you can update your network drivers.
- On the Windows Start menu, search for Device Manager.
- Open device manager
- Search for Network adapters. Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.
- You can choose to either automatically search for updated drivers or select them manually from your local drives.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions
- Once the drivers are updated, reboot your system and check if the issue persists.
- Click on the Apple logo and click System Preferences
- Click Network to open Network configurations
- Select the internet connection you are connected to and click on the “-” button below to remove the connection settings.
- Click Apply and restart your system for the changes to come into effect
- After your system reboots, again open System Preferences and open Network
- Click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the available connection list.
- Select Ethernet as the interface and create a new service
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Reboot your system and launch Hulu
Uninstall VPN or Use Compatible VPN Services
A VPN is not required if you are streaming within the United States. So, if you’re using a VPN and streaming from the United States and getting the Hulu Error Code 21, disconnecting the VPN should fix the problem.
However, if you’re using a VPN and streaming from outside the US and still getting the same error, you should try a different VPN service provider.
Consider VPNs that work around the Hulu restriction. VPNs with multiple US servers, such as PureVPN, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark, can be used to stream Hulu without issue.
Do A Malware Scan
If the problem persists after resetting your UP, flushing your DNS server, and disconnecting your VPN, run a virus scan on your system. Scan your system for malicious applications that can eavesdrop on streaming services and quarantine or remove them. Also, clean your Virus Vault to be certain.
These are by far the best Hulu Error Code 21 solutions. If you are experiencing any other Hulu streaming issues, please see our post for solutions.