Green View Education Alliance Ltd (GVEA) is a company that deals with the provision of quality and reliable education to Tanzanian citizens. It has three main schools: Green view Kindergarten located at Isamilo in Mwanza town and Green View Primary and Secondary Schools located in Kiseke, Mwanza. The mission of GVEA is to provide quality and affordable education to children by providing them with a conducive learning environment that fosters talents and self-discovery, research and creativity by embracing hard-work, discipline, integrity, self-reliance and religious values to make an all-round and responsible global citizen.
Finance and Administration Manager Job at Green View Education Alliance Ltd (GVEA)
|Job Title||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Reporting to||Primary supervisor Managing Director|
|dotted lines Board of Directors|
|Location||Green View Kiseke and Isamilo campuses, Mwanza|
|Type of Contract||Full- time|
The FAM will be required to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities: –
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- Analyzing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Regular budget consolidation
- Cash flow management
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Stakeholder management
- Debt management and collection
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice
- Payroll processing
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
- Analyzing current and past financial data
- Looking at current financial performance and identifying trends
- Preparing reports on the above information and communicating the insights of these reports to the wider business
- Consulting with the management team and board of directors to develop long-term commercial plans
- Suggesting budgets and improvements based on the above information
- Exploring different investment opportunities
- Developing initiatives and policies in consultation and upon approval by the BODs to improve financial growth
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing
- Work with internal stakeholders (teachers or operations staff) to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier performance
Human Resource Management
- Providing Timely Human Resources support to GVEA office staff as guided by HR department
- Ensuring all HR policies and procedures are properly adhered by all project office staff
- Advising the Human Resources head of any concerns or issues requiring his/ her attention.
- Providing guidance and expertise on completing Performance Evaluations and assists HR head in ensuring all evaluations are submitted in a timely manner and all Job Descriptions are updated on an annual basis.
- Assisting the HR department on all issues pertaining to attendance, time tracking including leave request and timely timesheet submission.
- Working closely with the Human Resources and Administration team in cases of New Recruits or exit staff.
- Working with the IT Department to fix problems as needed.
- Ensuring all IT policies and procedures are properly adhered to.
- Overseeing use and maintenance of IT equipment such as printers, scanners, modems, LCD projectors, etc.
- Ensuring files are backed on a daily basis and server and its applications are fully functional and well-maintained.
- Troubleshooting various IT problems with equipment and applications.
- Supporting the marketing team to perform and reach the set targets
- A CPA holder with either a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in financial accounting and cost accounting from reputable organizations
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to International Financial Reporting Standards
- Highly proficient with accounting soft-wares such as eg Pastel, Quickbooks and Tally and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Duration of contract:
- Full- time position with annual contracts renewed based on performance.
Ajira mpya GVEA Vacancies DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE
Submit your CV, application letter and list of 3 references via email to: [email protected] and copy to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.