Field Guide at Asilia lodges and Camps LTD 2023; Asilia lodges and Camps LTD Arusha. Asilia was built by passionate people with deep roots in East Africa’s original family-run safari companies: Rekero Camp in 1986 and Oliver’s Camp in 1992. In 2004, they combined their experience, family spirit and commitment to East Africa and formed Asilia. Together, they sought to offer safari experiences paired with conservation efforts that bring meaningful change to the region. Today, we are a fast-growing, leading safari operator, employing nearly 1,000 people in 19 bespoke camps and lodges in Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar.
Staying in our camps is only half the story when you join Asilia on safari. We believe that tourism should be used for good and, when practised responsibly, can be a driving force in both the conservation and development of East Africa. This belief guides everything we do — from where we source our energy and materials used at camps, to how we hire and empower local staff and work alongside community and conservation programmes.
Field Guide at Asilia lodges and Camps LTD
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
POSITION: FIELD GUIDE
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
REPORTING TO: CAMP MANAGER
Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd is looking for a Tanzanian Field Guide who is competent in Guiding with a strong combination of Leadership, Decision-making, personalized hosting skills, Culture and a very good broad knowledge in all Asilia’ s areas of operations including properties and the National Park.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a Field Guide your role is to safely guide the guests on multiple game drive days through Northern Tanzania and sharing expert knowledge of fauna and flora during gaming and the different environments, they were seen in to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
- Mentor the behavior of the group especially when young children are in it and ensure everyone remains in compliance with the rules.
- Provide solid knowledge on all levels of wildlife, history, Tanzania culture, geology, birds, trees, Plants, and all is touched in the foundation course manual, in all areas of operation and able to share this effectively with guests.
- Awareness of Park Roads networks and alternative road networks and the time it takes to cover distances between certain destinations to another.
- Go beyond call of duty by adhering guiding protocol, National Park rules and Asilia’s code of conduct when visiting Asilia lodges and camps
- Clearly articulately and provide information to guest in an engaging manner.
- Works closely with Camp Manager and Head Guide on reporting any problems and faults with the vehicle as well as keeping tight records regarding fuel usage, vehicle kilometers logbooks and vehicle maintenance books.
- Regular Vehicle check especially after conditions, making sure vehicles is in excellent working condition.
- Actively host guests in all situations and properties as their guide leader over several game drive.
- Taking full hosting responsibilities in gaming drive where possible, available to host dinner as well as pre dinner drinks, discussing the day’s success and planning for the next day activities.
- Carries out regular checks of vehicle first Aid kits and monitors and maintains this standard on each safari.
- Regular vehicle safety checks each day.
- Actively applies when necessary, high level of First Aid skills and knowledge from the advanced training received.
- Actively communicates and promotes Asilia camps and company wildlife and community projects to guests with regular reports of results.
- Actively support and promotes Asilia and shares interesting safari happenings through social media networks.
- Not Less than 3 years’ experience as a Field Guide or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Must be registered with the Board
- Must be fluent in English (other languages will be added an advantage)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and Punctual
Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion
- Age limit not more than 35yrs.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, Please send your cover letter and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 25thMarch 2023 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted