Database Administrator at NMB Bank PLC 2023; At NMB we believe that our clients and employees make our stronghold and when they achieve their ambitions, we do too. To accomplish this we need individuals with creative and innovative solutions who are willing to go the extra mile for their future, our clients and the bank.
Database Administrator at NMB Bank PLC 2023
Responsible for designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, and managing the banks entire database management systems while ensuring high data security and availability.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of Banks database systems.
- Managing security and disaster recovery aspects of the Banks databases.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters in order to provide fast responses to Banks applications.
- Monitoring and managing backups and recovery procedures to ensure availability of databases and their associated applications.
- Developing and implementing database policies and procedures.
- Performing regular backup restoration tests to ensure integrity of the Banks databases.
- Implementing database changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Keeping up-to-date with new technologies and trends in the Database field.
- Supporting the Banks projects and engagements timely to ensure business value and Banks objectives are met.
- Proactively monitoring the databases health and taking preventive or corrective action as required.
- Working closely with project managers, vendors, and other stakeholders in addressing issues/incidents/problems within agreed SLA.
- Ensuring database storage and archiving procedures are functioning and proactively carry out capacity planning.
Working as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the bank’s products and operations.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, and various new emerging databases.
- In-depth knowledge of database Backup and Recovery.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and MariaDB databases.
- General knowledge in shell scripting will be an added advantage.
- General knowledge of Database Performance Tuning.
- Knowledge of working with various Operating Systems (Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows Server).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT Service Management, Communication and Project Management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision.
- Committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Ability to manage database service providers, vendors and others.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related academic field from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Professional certifications OCA and OCP in Oracle Database 11g or higher is mandatory.
- At least 3 years of experience with Database Administration in Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and MariaDB.
- Experience with cloud-based databases is an added advantage.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date: 10-Mar-2023