Customer and Tele Service Officer Careers at ITM Tanzania
|Customer Service jobs in Tanzania
|Deadline of this Job
|Wednesday, May 10 2023
|Dar es Salaam
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Sales & Marketing/Public Relations
Relevant Experience: 2 years’ experience working in a blended (inbound & outbound voice and digital channel) Call/ Contact Centre – Essential
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for handling inbound communication:
• Supports business as a single point of contact for voice and digital communication, for example inbound calls from the VOIP switchboard, direct telephone extensions, cell phone numbers, platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and any other business platform of communication used in the business
• Manage the Company switchboard by answering the phone and route calls to the correct destinations, take messages via e-mail and maintain expected service levels for all switchboard operations.
• Ensures call and digital contact service levels are adhered to for answered, abandoned, transferred, on-hold calls and available / not available status
• Generates and completes transactions on the ERP System from incoming calls for ALL Customer Classes. For example but not limited to Formal, Informal and Corporate Customers as well as feed and DOC resellers
- Similar Jobs in Tanzania
- Learn more about ITM Tanzania Limited
- ITM Tanzania Limited jobs in Tanzania
• Supports campaigns by handling campaign inbound calls to the Contact Centre
• Renders customer service in line with Company’s Customer Service Standards & Customer Service Policies
• Actively participates in peer and co-worker feedback, coaching and training sessions to support growth and learning
• Provides constant feedback in writing to line manager pertaining to customer behaviour, customer concerns, customer orders, customer quotations, customer DOC allocation dates and system performance
• Participates in team and staff meetings as required
Responsible for handling outbound communication:
• Makes outbound calls to all Customer Classes to conduct follow-up surveys, feedback surveys, census surveys and any other surveys required on a regular basis
• Makes outbound calls to customers to update customer information on the ERP system, for example complete the profiles of new customers created on SAP in line with company service levels.
• Achieves set targets and conversion rates on outbound campaigns where sales leads are to be converted into sales orders. For example but not limited to sale of Products, Sales of Parts and Service Bookings
• Keeps accurate records of campaign information on the various campaign platforms.
• Increases customer spend with up-selling and cross-selling of products on all calls made by the teleservice team.
• Nurtures relationships with customers by ensuring rapport is built at every contact opportunity.
• Co-ordinates customer feedback to Sales Executives, Branch Managers, Aftersales teams and Technical Experts to further support customers
Administrative Roles and Responsibilities
• Reads & responds to enquiries, queries, and complaints from ALL Customer Classes received via WhatsApp, SMS, e-mail, voice calls and the Shop or any other communication platform Irvines uses
• Responds to all and any communication within the required timelines.
• Updates customer information on the ERP system for example completes the profiles of new customers created on POS in line with company service levels
• Creates Quotations, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Delivery Notes in the SAP ERP System timely and accurately and ensures these documents are received by the relevant customers/colleagues/suppliers to facilitate every step of the sales cycle for ALL Customer Classes
• Completes administration duties accurately and timeously. Administrative duties are not limited to these examples. For example, capture Sales Orders for Corporate Customers, create re-seller accounts, book technical training sessions for Growers, capture customer feedback, capture, and manage complaints from customers
• Assists Technical/Veterinary Advisors, Retail Manager, National Sales Manager and Business Development Manager with call-in customers/potential customers. For example, but not limited to gather information from customers, share information, answer basic questions & ensure a follow-up contact from the respective managers.
• Assists walk-in customers into the Teleservice Office area in a professional and timeous manner.
• In the absence of a team member, be available and equipped to manage his/ her important daily, weekly, monthly tasks to ensure business continuity.
• Compiles, interprets, and communicates reports for any operational duties as and when required
Responsible for explaining payment terms and accepted payment modalities to customers as well as for prompting payments from customers who have pending orders.
• Explains to customers what the modalities of payment are accepted by Company and providing them with the details of such payment modalities (for example Company bank account details)
• Explains to customers what the modalities of payment are accepted by our Financiers and providing them with the details of such payment modalities (for example interest rates, deposits, bank account details)
• Informs all customers who do not meet their order payment deadlines that their orders are being cancelled or, if the customer prefers this, rescheduled to an agreed available date – this must also be communicated to the relevant Company salesperson (relationship owner)
Complies to all relevant company SOPs & policies, statutory regulations and expected company behaviors at all times and implements corrective action when required
• Complies to (SOPs) Standard Operating Procedures standards.
• Complies to the Company Values, Team Behaviors & Code of Conduct
• Complies to Company policies and SOPs and all other relevant statutory regulations.
• Where required to render assistance on special projects and any other reasonable operational tasks as required?
Functional / Technical Skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills,- good command of English and Swahili,
• Excellent customer service – excellent telephone etiquette, excellent face to face customer service,
• Attention to detail, problem solving, flexible, teachable, motivated.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• People management skills.
• Computer literate – MS Office
• Good reporting skills
• Stress tolerance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants Click Here To Apply