Ajira HJFMRI The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFARfunded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).
CTC Clinician Job at HJFMRI
PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health (MoH) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams. HJFMRIT HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel and services to the Southern Highlands Zone regions namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 Military sites throughout the country.
It is in this regard that WRP-T in collaboration with the Songwe Regional Government seeks to recruit 13 staff.
|Job Title||CTC Clinician (1 Position)|
|Report to||Council Director|
|Terms of Employment||One-year contract with the option for renewal|
The major function of the position
HJFMRI Under the supervision of t h e CTC in charge, the CTC clinician will engage and provide HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, and support services to clients receiving care at respective facilities in the supported districts. The incumbent will ensure the provision of HIV and AIDS services are in line with protocol and HIV management guidelines for Tanzania. HJFMRI To fully provide the intended services, the CTC clinician will be stationed at the facility where s/he is assigned by the district authority. The incumbent will provide services across the cascade of HIV continuum care and will be responsible for t h e documentation of all activities and services provided to clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend clients attending CTC to ensure services are provided following the HIV continuum of care.
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all clients attending OPD and other entries are offered HIV counseling and testing.
- Perform HIV testing services (HTS) using screening tools in an OPD setting by Screening OPD clients to identify eligible clients for HIV testing and Provision HIV testing services to all eligible patients at health facilities.
- Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients.
- Collaboration with facility staff to ensure the Linkage case management model is well understood and its implementation as a routine service to all newly identified clients.
- Supervised and coordinated lay counselors to ensure all positives identified are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART.
- Ensure all clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day (Same day ART initiation).
- Ensure all clients on treatment are categorized according to their stability to allow the application of the Differentiated Care Model for stable and unstable clients.
- Ensure the pediatric population attending the facility is screened for optimized PITC using children-specific screening tools.
- Ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on the old regimen change the regimen to TLD.
- Ensure HIV disclosure and adherence to the pediatric population is done at the facility gradually to improve retention and viral suppression.
- Coordinate and participate during children’s Saturday clinics and teen clubs as a way of improving adherence and viral suppression.
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there are pediatric job aids, posters, and working tools.
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure there is demand creation for HIV viral load sample collection and that samples are collected daily and documented properly.
- In collaboration with CTC in charge ensure all clients are screened for TB and initiation of IPT to eligible clients is done daily and documentation is done properly.
- Ensure HIV-positive women are screened for Cervical Cancer and those found to be positive are started on treatment.
- Document all the services provided in the available registers according to the HIV continuum of care.
- Work closely with CTC in charge to coordinate service provision, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID), and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to the respective authority.
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
i. Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania. ii. 2 years experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment. iii. 2 years experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Basic Competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint].
- Willingness to stay at the working station 100%
Key personal competencies:
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Respect professionalism and medical conduct.iv. A team player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Clinical acumen in managing patients
- HJFMRI All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts (Postal Address, E-Mail, three passport-size photos, and Telephone numbers).
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement. iv. Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of Academic and training certificates.
v. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Cover letters, resumes, and Education certificates should be sent via email to [email protected]
HJFMRI NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE. The deadline for submitting the application is 7th July 2023. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description, will not be considered.