KickStart is an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass-markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty. (See www.KickStart.org for more information).
Country Sales & Partnerships Manager Careers at KickStart 2023
The project in Tanzania and surrounding will develop and implement the latest innovations in Ajira KickStart’s model of selling equipment at the Base of the African Rural Pyramid to Small-Holder-Farmers across the region.
|Functional Area||East Africa Region Hub – Tanzania|
|Position / Job Title||Country Sales & Partnerships Manager – Tanzania|
|Reports to||General Manager – Tanzania|
|Location||Any Region within the Republic of Tanzania.|
The Country Sales and Partnerships Manager position is responsible for developing, expanding, and reporting on the program in Tanzania. She/he will be responsible for managing KickStart’s sales and Marketing activities and the staff in Tanzania and will report to the Genaral Manager – Tanzania based in Dar es salaam. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in Tanzania by promoting the sales and usage of our branded irrigation pumps through partnerships and the private sector.
Nature and Scope:
The Country Sales and Partnerships Manager will:
- Perform the due diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for the irrigation solutions products in all parts of Tanzania to inform segmenting areas of focus.
- Create the market development and sales plans for specific regions. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan to ensure growth in sales, social impacts, market share, and profitability in Tanzania. This will be done primarily through:
- Creating partnerships with International and local NGOs, UN organizations like FAO and World Food program, Government, Out-growers, and other stakeholders.
- Proper selection, development, and management of a distributorship network
- Manage, coach, and develop capacity of staff reporting to the position, and staff of the private sector distributors.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the organization’s activities, finances, and social impacts.
- Ensure that Kickstart International activities are in sync with the legislative and statutory requirements of the country of operation.
- At all times conduct risk assessment and advise Kickstart International on the possible exposures and right mitigation in a timely manner to avoid litigations/unnecessary costs.
- Understand and articulate all the policies of Kickstart International to all stakeholders to ensure clarity and full compliance to the same.
- Ensure prudent management of Kickstart International resources as the custodian.
- Manage seamlessly the operational issues of the organization involving Sales staff travelling into and out of Tanzania, relationships between Kickstart Internal activities and Distributors’ needs.
- Targets are met at least possible cost and inconvenience to Kickstart International, Distributors and Customers acquiring the pumps.
Key Performance Criteria
- Impact and sales targets
- Creation of partnerships.
- Develop an effective supply chain in Tanzania.
- Ensure collection of end user data of Moneymaker pumps in Tanzania.
- Effective management of budgets.
- A team that is ethical, team-work oriented and high performing.
- Resources Mobilization / Fund raising efforts.
- Effective sales team management
- Use of CRM
- Responsible for setting a scalable and sustainable growth model for KickStart in Tanzania.
- Optimize KickStart economic sustainability in the Tanzania and support fundraising activities.
- Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with Senior Partnerships and Sales officers
- Representatives and distributors to maximize sales and impacts in the country. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for Tanzania.
- Actively promote products through product demonstrations, product support and training of distributors, customers, and influencers.
- Actively manage customer and distributor accounts in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and manage the operations budget for this program and provide monthly updated sales forecast.
- Program design and implementation using tactical marketing initiatives.
- Establish an annual and long-term Business Plan.
- Open country programs and/or B2B programs in a variety in Tanzania and design and implement the relevant model.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the Sales staff in the country.
- Prepare monthly work plans and monthly reports.
- Compile and collect monthly end user data for impact monitoring.
- Perform any other official duties within the key performing criteria as may be assigned to you.
- Ensuring all his direct repartees use CRM tool to capture all their engagements real time.
Skills, Experiences, and Competencies
- 8-10 plus years of sales and partnerships experience with a demonstrable ability to drive revenue and show results. Experience in both private(Ngo’s) and public sector in Agricultural field is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of building partnerships program from inception.
- Excellent understanding of the agricultural market in Tanzania preferred.
- Excellent business presentation skills
- People Management Experience – managing, mentoring, developing people and a high performing team.
- Financial management experience – develop and manage operating plans and budgets.
- Strong customer focus.
- Results/Performance Orientated– proven “self-starter” who is flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work effectively in an unstructured and fast paced environment.
- Able to work effectively with limited guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent personal communication & negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and detail oriented.
- Shares KickStart ‘s values and believe in its “Mission.”
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili an added advantage
- Willingness to travel for up to 60% of the time every month.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Agriculture, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Sales and Marketing is required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and Cover letter quoting the position title on the subject line to [email protected] .Closing date is 27th June,2023.