The Centre for Counselling Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a leading Indigenous Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) registered under Certificate of Ordinance No.9495 in 1998 that is committed to achieving optimal nutrition and quality life for children, women and other vulnerable groups in Tanzania. COUNSENUTH works to improve the quality of life of vulnerable groups through cost effective, innovative evidence-based nutrition actions with advocacy for better governance and accountability and active engagement of citizens in health and nutrition.
Communication Creative Intern Job COUNSENUTH
The Communication Creative Intern will support the development of various print and audio-visual education materials, ensuring that they respond to audience needs and project objectives. This position supports the Director of Programs, and other staff who are responsible for the entire end-to-end process of defining requirements, conceptualizing the creative direction, visualizing and creating graphics, including illustrations, logos, layouts, and photos, and coordinating print jobs. The Intern must have a communication background and a creative eye, and computer skills, including graphics designing skills to support the creation of graphics, illustrations, layout of pages, and logos. He/she shall be placed in Dar es Salaam but will be travelling to project sites within Tanzania.
The Intern will report to: Director of Programs – The Centre for Counselling Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH), Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in audience exploration sessions, including formative research.
- Participate in the conceptualization and development of various program interventions
- Be able to travel at any time for program photoshoots or information collection.
- Participate in the creation of print and audio-visual mock-up prototypes.
- Contribute to the design and layouts for both print and digital materials.
- Support in determining and working out graphics and colors based on trends/audience needs.
- Keep up to date with design trends, practices, and media formats for materials and campaigns.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, with excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Graphic design, Sound, and Video editing.
Understanding of color and typographic principles.
- Ability to collaborate with a team to support prints and digital design.
- Pays attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to network and connect with other communication stakeholders such as journalists and other media personnel for enhancing the organization’s visibility
- Loves creativity and innovation.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their written applications, up to date curriculum vitae with three professional references, certified copies of academic certificates not later than 9th July 2023 to:
- The Executive Director,
- The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
- Plot No. 8 Sam Nujoma Rd Mikocheni B.
- P.O. Box 8218, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
E-mail: [email protected]
All applications should be sent via EMAIL only. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.