Clubs Consultants Careers at UBONGO Kid – UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa in multiple languages.
The Ubongo Clubs Consultant, will be responsible for providing guidance and support to Ubongo Clubs across the countries. This position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, prioritize multiple projects, and communicate effectively with the club members , other Ubongoers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and strategies for UTU clubs.
- Work with schools to identify and recruit students interested in joining clubs
- Develop and oversee a budget for school club activities
- Create a weekly/monthly Utu Clubs work plan.
- Manage and supervise new and existing Utu Clubs.
- Work closely with UTU clubs to identify areas for improvement and provide guidance on best practices for club management.
- Develop and deliver training and other resources to club leaders, to help them build successful clubs.
- Coordinate with UTU leadership to ensure that club initiatives align with Ubongo’s mission and vision..
- Analyse data and trends to identify opportunities for club growth and expansion in other countries.
- Help to create a sustainability model that will help to Influence positive attitudes towards utu values and increase utu club engagement.
- Build knowledge of the resources available to help kids operate their clubs (e.g. utu club guides)
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to school club management.
- Collect data and create a strategy for disseminating findings to Ubongoers inorder to keep an updated database of Utu clubs.
- Bachelor in a related field such as education, social sciences , or communications.
- Experience in school club management or related fields.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with teachers, students, and parents
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and logistics management
- Ability to work independently and prioritise multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organisation preferred.
- Experienced in working with children and schools
- Familiarity with the education system and cultural norms in East Africa
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UBONGO provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws of the country we are operating in.