Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Chief Procurement Officer to join Tembo Nickel Corporation Limited. This role is based at Dar es salaam Country Office. The successful candidate will be part of Tembo Nickel Executive Team and will be responsible for developing the procurement and supply chain strategies that comply with International Procurement Standards as well as Tanzania Local Content regulations. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Chief Procurement Officer Job at Tembo Nickel
|Position||Chief Procurement Officer|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire lifecycle of sourcing and procurement projects, from planning and bid preparation to budgeting/forecasting, negotiation, invoicing, and reporting.
- Develop product category strategies aligned with business needs, build a supply chain capable of delivering the desired service levels, at competitive cost and ensure suppliers are willing to invest in the strategy.
- Drive savings by developing and applying various strategies such as volume leverage, supplier concentration, supply chain segmentation and negotiate prices, schedules and other terms as required.
- Develop collaborative long-term partnerships with suppliers, contractors, and outsourced service providers to reduce costs, to meet legislative requirements and to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Drive cost improvements across the supply chain through continuous review and revision.
- Develop a strategy with key stakeholders on inventory management and manage and control inventory levels within agreed parameters and maintain accurate stock
- Responsible for regular forecasting demand to ensure timely supply. Monitor and evaluate supplier performance against metrics for price, quality, delivery, and customer service.
- Identify appropriate department KPI’s and measure and monitor performance against
- Control and co-ordinate the site-based stores function to ensure adequate control of stock levels and cost efficiencies against
- Ensure that procurement activity is compliant with all relevant regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or Logistics Management.
- Membership of a Procurement Board is a
- 15 Years of work experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- 10 years’ experience in managing procurement for the construction of mining projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent working and demonstrated knowledge of ERP/PRONTO systems and
- Business acumen and excellent work ethics.
- Proven and visible leadership capability, with the ability to use a variety of leadership approaches to achieve results.
- Diplomatic with excellent negotiating
- Clear, logical thinker, able to present a compelling business case supported by data and analysis.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
- Application closing date is 15th July,2023
- Note: We ore committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For and on behalf of Tembo Nickel Corporation: Kabanga Nickel Project.