Board Directorship Positions at DSE 2023;- The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange is a stock exchange located on Ohio Street, west of Kivukoni, south east of Dar es Salaam, the commercial capital and largest city in Tanzania. It was incorporated in September 1996 and trading started in April 1998.
Board Directorship Positions at DSE 2023
Board Directorship Positions
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) is looking for persons with competence, knowledge and experience in financial markets, corporate governance practices, advocacy for policy development to serve in its Board of Directors as representatives of individuals’ (minority) shareholders.
- To determine and maintain DSE’s Vision, Mission, and Values:
- To develop, promote and monitor implementation of DSE strategic objectives and plans:
- To ensure compliance to good corporate governance practices and corporate code of conduct and ethics;
- To ensure accountability and compliance to laws by the DSE;
- To ensure that a comprehensive system of policies and procedures is in place and that appropriate governance structures exist to ensure the smooth, efficient and prudent stewardship of the Exchange;
- To maintain proper strategic oversight for DSE operations;
- To select, support and regularly review the performance of the Chief Executive and senior Management of the Exchange; and
- To maintain an effective Board performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
An applicant should;
- be a holder of a degree in Business Administration, Law, ICT, Economics, Commerce, or equivalent qualifications coupled with business acumen;
- have at least 10 years’ experience in financial markets;
- have proven track record in advocacy for policy development;
- have proven high moral and ethical character;
- have relevant experience in good corporate governance practices; and
- not have any criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit the following:
- An application letter detailing one’s suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Two recent passport size photographs; and
- Certified copies of last two pages of passport or a copy of NIDA ID.
To the following address:
Secretary to the DSE Board of Directors
3rd Floor, Kambarage House, 6th Ufukoni Street Dar es Salaam, Tanzania E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is on 11th April 2023 at 2.00 p.m. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.