Sun King is looking for an Associate Manager – After sales and product development to lead the Aftersales and product development operations team in Tanzania. This role will be a key point of contact for the Sales team, cross-functional departments, and customers for reviewing product performance, identifying new opportunities for developing a new marketable product, and after-sales and service queries. This role will work with all the stakeholders within Company and key stakeholders on the customer side for service queries and builds smooth relations with internal & external customers to obtain their loyalty to achieve best-in-class customer satisfaction.
Associate Manager After Sales and Products Development at Sun King
You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to find solutions for our customers, including product replacement requests, warranty claims, troubleshooting, installations, logistics, and service training. If you are an excellent communicator obsessed with customer satisfaction, this role is for you!
- Lead the development and continuous improvement within the after-sales team. Provide guidance for team members’ careers. Drive professional growth within the team, mentoring individuals to develop valuable skill sets.
Products Management: Lead the products Management by;
- Support Marketing and the Training Department with technical documentation and market data
- Respond promptly to all requests and inquiries for product information or changes. Assess the need for any requested changes as well as their potential impact.
- Monitor pilot project performance and present the findings to key internal stakeholders
- Identify product regulatory standards / technical requirements and ensure compliance. Ensures that third parties comply and are familiar with all business processes and policies
- Support the execution of product pilots as needed by Product Managers
- Identify competitors, gather information, and analyze the competition’s strengths and weaknesses. Document Greenlight Planet’s competitive advantage and generate reports and presentations on the findings
Partnership & Customer Service:
- Deliver a comprehensive service to inquiring customers. Find solutions and close product replacements and other warranty claims within the designated timelines. Delegate certain customer inquiries to specific teams when needed. Ensure that the Services are aligned with all required stakeholders, such as Sales/Marketing, Legal, and Finance.
- Manage a large number of incoming calls and emails, keeping a record of customer interactions and details of actions taken. Report back on results addressing any issues/disputes from customers.
Drive Operational Efficiency:
- Based on the Global Aftersales Strategy, define and coordinate the long-range strategic plans for the Aftersales business based on future business growth. Maximise efficiency and profitability for the African region’s service department, in line with the current offerings and the projected business growth. Meet KPIs, including service level timelines and customer net promoter scores.
Systems and process design:
- Coordinate with technology teams to ensure company systems meet customer service needs, including applications. Develop new processes to transform current service operations more efficiently.
Documentation & MIS:
- Provide periodic reports to management on product performance, after-sales & service activities.
You might be a strong candidate if you have:
- A degree qualification from a recognised institution, preferably in Engineering
- 5 + experience in after-sales services support in the electronic consumer goods/ mobile industry
- Demonstrated experience managing the After Sales Service department in a target-driven role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distil information and understand how to communicate to different audiences to get results.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and execute in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to cultivate strong business relationships and work within a team
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy
About Sun King
Sun King is the world’s largest off-grid solar energy company with cutting-edge product design, pioneering fintech and a grassroots installation model that provides energy to the 1.8 billion consumers across Africa and Asia who lack access to reliable electricity. Founded in 2007, Sun King sets the gold standard for off-grid solar performance and design as part of its mission: powering access to brighter lives.
Sun King’s 2,500+ staff and 23,000 field agents serve 100 million product users based in 65 countries around the world. With direct-to-consumer sales active in 11 countries, Sun King is growing rapidly. Every month, we equip 330,000 homes and businesses with power and light.
The needs of energy consumers in Africa and Asia are diverse. From cost-effective and durable lamps to powerful home and business energy systems as well as modern entertainment and energy storage systems, Sun King’s broad array of products unlock a higher quality of life. Whether devising safe and environmentally friendly electric-powered cookers or exploring the future of pay-as-you-go mobility and vehicles in Africa to concocting ever-more-powerful solar energy solutions, Sun King’s technology team nurtures and devises scalable, inventive solutions to pressing global challenges.
Sun King’s innovative pay-as-you-go financing model dismantles the upfront cost burden that blocks low-income households from transitioning from polluting and harmful kerosene fuels and gas generators to clean, affordable and green solar energy. Sun King customers can purchase products using the company’s technology-enabled, pay-as-you-go “Easy Buy” financing service, which breaks payments down into regular, affordable instalments. These payments can be made via mobile money for as little as $0.15 a day. After one to two years of payments, customers own their solar equipment outright.
Though united by a commitment to serving underserved off-grid families, Sun King comprises a broad, inclusive group of individuals working across 11 countries. Sun King’s world-class roster of product designers, data scientists, logistics experts, customer service professionals, operations gurus and marketing and communications strategists work together to devise solutions to the complicated and multidimensional challenges of energy access, climate action and social inclusion.
Across the diverse countries where we operate and work, we build awareness of diversity and promote equity. Sun King is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Sun King’s workforce.