3 Assistant Programme Accountant Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
3 Assistant Programme Accountant Jobs at Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position||Assistant Programme Accountant (3)|
|Work Station||Country Office|
|Reports to||Program Accountant|
The Assistant Programme Accountant will provide essential support to the Project Accountant in managing the financial aspects of the CDC-funded project and other donor’s funded projects. This role involves assisting in maintaining accurate financial records, preparing reports, and ensuring compliance with financial procedures and donor guidelines.
- Assist in recording and documenting financial transactions related to the
- Collaborate with the Programme Accountant in preparing financial reports, budget actual analysis, and other financial documents for project stakeholders.
- Help monitor project expenditures to ensure adherence to budgets and donor
- Provide support in developing and managing project budgets, forecasts, and financial
- Work closely with the procurement and logistics teams to ensure proper documentation for project-related
- Help ensure that financial reports are prepared and submitted to the donor and other stakeholders in a timely
- Participate in reconciling project-related, Fund balance reconciliation, bank statements, and financial
- Aid in addressing compliance issues and implementing corrective actions following internal and external
- Assist in communicating financial procedures and responsibilities to project
- Contribute to financial planning and cost analysis for project
- Keep up-to-date with changes in donor regulations and financial best
- Provide support in preparing monthly VAT reconciliation
- Provide support in the clearance of staff accounts
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its
- At least 5 years of work experience in the related field and experience working with donor-funded
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions
- Knowledge of Federal Government and State financial regulations preferably CDC and USAID financial rules and regulations
- High level of integrity and good track record of outstanding performance
- Skills in analyzing financial data and preparing financial
- Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensuring that best practices are observed
- CPA is an added advantage
- Good communication.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be