Assistant Accountant Jobs at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake the production of sugar in Tanzania.
Assistant Accountant Jobs at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL)
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced, and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill the vacancy positions currently available in the company WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
Assistant Accountant – 1 Position: He/She will be reporting to Revenue Accountant.
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct;
- Recording and filing transactions;
- Controlling credit and making follow-up of receivables and payables;
- Invoice processing and filing;
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve;
- Prepare journal vouchers and assist in Bank reconciliation;
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation;
- Initiate preparation of revenue and expenditures statements and reports;
- Provide inputs in updating assets and liabilities Register;
- Work with Accountants in reconciling accounts between General Ledger (GL) and Sales Ledger (SL) supporting schedules;
- Prepare draft reports of debtors and creditors for supervisor’s review;
- Prepare a draft report for an estimate of revenue and expenditure for the supervisor’s review;
- Provide inputs in preparing financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Computing taxes and preparing tax returns to ensure compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements; and
- Performs any other lawful duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience(s):
Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. Must have a working experience of at least two (2) years in a related field specifically in Tax.
Salaries and other fringe benefits for the above vacancies will be paid by the Company’s Salary Structure and other related manuals.
General condition: All applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CVs to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, names and contacts of three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 September 2023