Application Support Analyst at FINCA February 2024,Jobs FINCA Microfinance Bank is a financial institution providing savings and loans throughout the country, promoting financial inclusion to small entrepreneurs.
Application Support Analyst at FINCA
FINCA Microfinance Bank in Tanzania was the first microfinance institution in the country to be licensed by the Central Bank of Tanzania. FINCA Microfinance Bank is part of the FINCA Impact Finance global network of 20 banks and microfinance institutions that provide impactful and socially responsible financial services enabling low-income people to invest in their futures.
Validity period: 02/02/2024 – 08/02/2024
Duty Station: FINCA Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Position: Application Support Analyst
Department: Information Services and Operations
Application Support Analyst provides support for all incidents, changes and services requests pertaining to applications managed by IS and Operations Department.
- Ensure Core Banking System and all applications are running and performing at optimal level, under supervision of Applications Manager.
- Ensure Systems Database replication is running smoothly and systems backups are taken on daily basis
- Addresses and resolves applications incidents and requests; Analyze applications incidents and requests; after problem analysis, engages other resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility
- Can customize source basic source codes for various In-house applications.
- Maintenance, administration, monitoring, problem management and production for databases to ensure high-availability of systems and services.
- Must collect, store, manage, and enable the ability to query the organization’s metadata
- Be able to translate a data model or logical database design into an actual physical database implementation and to manage that database once it is implemented
- Management of security aspects to the assigned systems, databases, integrity controls, related records and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency
- Parameterize Core Banking System and other applications according to analyzed requirements.
- Manage and monitor ORACLE and MS Database replication and backups for all application systems.
- Act as central point of all applications managed by IT department.
- Works closely with members of the application and infrastructure teams on timely resolution of reported incidents/issues.
- Ensure all reported and logged issues are well analyzed, defined and resolved with recorded resolutions.
- Provide second level applications technical support to end users.
- Monitor applications performance and provide periodic reviews for such applications
- Work closely with Project Manager on Change and Service requests analysis and change process management.
- Analyze and document problems and resolutions in defined standards and Knowledge Base systems
Qualifications and Experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Core Banking Application, Infrastructure components, and other technologies.
- Understands applications hosting platforms, such as WebLogic, Apache, IIS, Tomcat etc.
- Fundamental knowledge in programming languages, such as PHP, C# and Java (or other)
- Understands customer support processes and techniques.
- Ability to analyze, structure and solve IT related problems.
- Competency in MS office application products.
- Knowledge with Database management systems (Oracle, MS SQL etc)
- Knowledge with service desk management.
- Knowledge with reports development platforms.
- Knowledgeable in ITIL
- Knowledge in Orbit-Rubicon Core Banking Application will be added advantage.
- Must have two years’ experience in supporting Core Banking Systems, Digital Systems, Agency banking, Internet Banking, Mobile banking and other applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Apply: Send your CV not later than February 8, 2024 to [email protected]
#Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted