Nafasi za kazi Tembo Nickel Located in the north-west of Tanzania, the Kabanga nickel (Tembo Nickel Corporation) project hosts the world’s largest development-ready nickel sulphide deposit, unmatched in scale and grade, with a mineral resource of some 2 million tonnes1 of contained nickel equivalent. Ajira Mpya Tembo Nickel Our strategy is to sustainably deliver high-grade Class 1 nickel, copper and cobalt products to feed increasing demand from Electric Vehicle (EV) battery production.
Nafasi za kazi Tembo Nickel
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Safety Administrator to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is based at Kabanga Site. The Safety Administrator will be responsible in providing general administration and support to the health and safety team, including but not limited to the overall operations of the OHS department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute developed environmental management plans, programs, and strategies on site.
- Plan environmental projects and provide reports on status and outcomes.
- Prepare written reports as required, briefs for projects and or services, strategies, policies, and management plans.
- Assist in the coordination of field personnel to ensure works are completed to specified standards.
- Provide technical input into the development of environmental policies, guidelines, and procedures for Tembo Nickel.
- Conduct the environmental incident reporting 8c incident investigation program.
- Oversee contractors and consultants as per the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure monitoring programs of air quality, water quality, noise 8c vibration, meteorological, soil and biodiversity are maintained and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information and training of environmental management aspects for all employees.
- Provide input to Environmental Lead into the development of environmental quality standards, guidelines, objectives, policies, procedures and/or legislation.
- Carryout inspections, conduct investigations, resolve conflict, and take appropriate action.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or Environmental Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree in science/Environment is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in environmental management role in a large-scale operation preferably in the mining and extractive industry. Experience in the application of EHS management systems.
- Knowledge on IS014001EMS implementation process
- Good understanding of Audit/EMS management systems
- Knowledge of NEMC registrations for Audit and EIA
- Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ajira Mpya Tembo Nickel
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected] Application closing date is 16th June,2023
Note: We ore committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits ond we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.