Nafasi za kazi Tembo Nickel Located in the north-west of Tanzania, the Kabanga nickel (Tembo Nickel Corporation) project hosts the world’s largest development-ready nickel sulphide deposit, unmatched in scale and grade, with a mineral resource of some 2 million tonnes1 of contained nickel equivalent. Our strategy is to sustainably deliver high-grade Class 1 nickel, copper and cobalt products to feed increasing demand from Electric Vehicle (EV) battery production.
3 Safety Officers job at Tembo Nickel
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Safety Officers to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is based at Kabanga site. The safety officers will work to ensure provision of service and support to employees and supervisors in respective departments across Tembo Nickel Project regarding employees’ Health and Safety in the workplace. Supporting TNCL operations to ensure that safety objectives are aligned with the business plans and that all safety programs are in accordance with organization standards and legislative requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead and influence change whilst developing a positive safety culture.
• Provide support and guidance to Safety Representatives.
• Conduct on job coaching and training to employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safe work practices.
• Conduct scheduled weekly and monthly Safety meetings.
• Detail knowledge of establishing and implementing ISO 45001:2018 management system.
• Participate in the review of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Conduct workplace inspections and audits as required.
• Assist in incident and accident investigations.
• Monitor and follow up on incident investigation recommendations to ensure actions are completed and implemented.
• Ensure compliance with relevant Tanzanian Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
• Correct and report safety hazards when observed.
• Assisting with the facilitation of formal risk assessments.
• Understanding of related department activities and managing their impact on the safety programs
• Tertiary qualification in health and safety management or equivalent from a Tanzanian or internationally recognized institution.
• ISO 45001:2018 OHS Management system certification.
• Formal Training Qualification in Risk Management, Accident Investigations, and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Tanzania OSHA-NOSCH I& II.
• 3 – 4 years’ experience in Safety Practice in Mining, Processing, or Maintenance disciplines. Construction experience is an added advantage.
• A Valid Tanzania Driving License.
Skills and Knowledge
• Sound knowledge of Legislative Requirements within Mining – OSHA, Mining Act, Explosives Act, Mines Health 8c Safety Act, Mining Regulations,
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Incident and Accident investigating
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected] Application closing date is 16th June,2023
Note: We ore committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits ond we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.