TANZANIA AIRPORT AUTHORITY (TAA)
Nafasi za kazi Tanzania Airport Authority (Ajira TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
ASSISTANT AIRPORTS SECURITY OFFICER- 5 POSTS
11.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide screening services to departing passengers and cargo;
- To control movement of people, vehicles and animals in the protected areas;
- To prevent and spot any suspicious of theft and burglary at the airport;
- To ensure security of passengers, aircrew/hostesses, flights and visitors at the airport;
- To ensure that passengers adhere to security procedures before boarding or disembarking the plane/flight; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Holder of Diploma in Law, Sociology, Human Resources, Public Administration, International Relations and Business Administration of equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institutions with age limit of 35 years.
- TAAS 3
AIRPORT ATTENDANT II – 3 POSTS
11.2.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To collect statistical data on aircraft movements, passengers and cargo tonnage that passes
through the airport accurately and in a timely manner;
- To record aircraft landings and departures accurately;
- To collect revenue where necessary following the approved procedures including landing and parking charges and passenger service charge from ad-hoc flights, and ensure safe custody until it is remitted to the finance office or banked;
- To prepare monthly reports detailing information on the airfield’s performance and status;
- To ensure cleanliness of air field and protection of the airfield and conducts 24 hours runway inspection before any aircraft landing and takeoff;
- To ensure that grass is cut to approved height and that the general upkeep of the airfield is according to approved standards;
- To monitor community activities regularly to ensure reduction in bird population around the airport and encroachment on airport land;
- To contribute to any community activities that could lead directly or indirectly, to bird control;
- To liaise with aviation security in ensuring safety of the airfield and airport users;
- To liaise with district authorities regarding VIP visits and condition of the airport; and
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Holder of Form IV or VI Secondary School Certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili subjects.
- TAAS 1
xiv. Deadline for application is 24th June, 2023; xv. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and; xvi. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Airport Attendant Job Vacancies at Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA) DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE