Admission Officer job at SUMAIT 2023;- The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) is built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (UCEZ) established in 1998 by a charity organization, Kuwait based, Direct-Aid (DA). In line with her expansion, the University is also restructuring her programs and creating positions to accommodate her current needs.
Therefore, Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and competent Individuals to fill the academic vacant posts as follows: –
SUMAIT University is currently searching for an outgoing, energetic, and organized individual for the position of admissions officer. You will, in essence, become one of the main points of contact for potential and incoming students. You should be engaging, highly organized, and analytical with exceptional communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Social studies or any other related fields.
• Extensive experience in education or admissions and Registration.
• Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, and financial aid application processes.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Admitting and registering students according to the TCU procedures and University principles.
• Helping university, and other academic institutions establish, examine, alter, and explain admissions guidelines, processes, and requirements.
• Assisting in the admission, decision making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or denied.
• Providing students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
• Preparing all necessary arrangements for registration of students and courses and monitoring academic load for students in accordance with the instructions, and follow-up add-and-drop processes.
• Following up on matters related to transfer students from other universities.
• Preparing lists of expected graduates and checking their academic records and study plans.
• Preparing statistics and reports needed inside and outside the University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
• Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor’s degree
Job application procedure
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Applicants should apply to the strength of the information given in this advertisement
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), otherwise, your request will not be considered.
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal actions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach to Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT), Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 15th April 2023. Or you can send your application through email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT),
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar/Tanzania
Email: [email protected]