Administrative Assistant Jobs at Connect Space We are a recruitment firm that specializes in matching the right talent to the right available job opportunities. We recruit at all levels from junior to senior and across a broad range of employee categories and sectors. We are the SPACE that CONNECTS great talent to great brands every day.
Administrative Assistant Jobs at Connect Space
|Jobs at||Connect Space|
|Deadline of this Job||Friday September 15 2023|
|Duty Station||Within Tanzania Mwanza East Africa|
Connect Space is a recruitment firm based in Mwanza, Lake Zone, Tanzania with vast experience in recruiting, managing, and developing people. Our reputation for being reliable and providing excellent customer service has allowed us to maintain a strong relationship with clients and candidates alike. We have placed skilled professionals in roles that have given them meaningful work and a sense of purpose. Connect with us to find work that makes you happy.
The position is an all-round job that performs a variety of administrative, HR, Legal and finance tasks to support the Mwanza office and Tanzania overall. These include but not limited to office management & Reception duties, maintaining files, keeping records, support petty cash management and other finance tasks. Be the point of contact for the office and other staff in their absence.
- Maintains employee personnel files and conducts ongoing audits.
- Assists in compiling information to ensure Company’s compliancy.
- Assists in benefits administration and maintenance.
- Conducts new employee orientation.
- Prepares materials for employee onboarding.
- Assists in administering and updating employee benefits.
- Manage and maintain job postings.
- Raising and receiving site’s admin matters pertaining to human resources and admin issues.
• Assist in payroll administration as backup.
• Comply with established internal control practices and procedures to ensure proper management of financial transactions.
• Assist in Payroll Tax Management.
• Petty Cash management.
- Support site administrators in all sites Tanzania
- To be the 1st point of contact : receive visitors and guests to the organization in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist FC, HR, SC Business partner & Country Manager on the day-to-day activities.
- Overall Mwanza Office management.
- Support to organize meetings and events, including bookings.
- Participate in team meetings or any other relevant internal and external meetings.
- To undertake the administrative duties of the organization, including answering phone calls, drafting letters, maintaining filing, hotel & transport bookings.
- Assist the team in the completion of day to day tasks within the office.
- Maintain and overlook guest signing in book to ensure that all guests and visitors are signing in and out of the building as directed
- To keep the reception and surrounding areas clean and tidy at all times.
• Draft staff job descriptions and contracts.
• Assist in employee disciplinary cases (Take a lead in chairing and documentation).
Education and Experience:
• Education in Business Administration, HR & Public Administration. First exposure to finance/accounting & legal, will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of the Labor law & Code of good conduct of Tanzania.
• At least 5 years of working experience.
• Must also possess general working knowledge of business operations, knowledge in the mining sector will be an added advantage.
• Personal attributes – pragmatic, attention to detail, follow through processes, proactive management of issues, sense of urgency.
• Willingness to learn on the Job and through trainings
• Willingness to travel to various company sites out of Mwanza.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail with good interpersonal skills.
• The ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
• Must be a computer literary with good working knowledge of Ms Office Suite esp. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
• Proven experience in manipulating EXCEL spreadsheets to an intermediate/advanced standard.
• Excellent writing and oral communications in both English and Swahili are required.
Essential Abilities and attributes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with mixed audiences of highly qualified legal and policy experts.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage competing demands, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Good memories and open minded individual.
- Honest all the time and of high diligence.
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Apply for this Job