Are you looking for Administrative Assistant Jobs at Aga Khan University nafasi za kazi ajira mpya internship job vacancy The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the following position based in Dares Salaam, Tanzania:
Administrative Assistant Jobs at Aga Khan University
We are in search of an Administrative Assistant who embodies qualities of creativity, innovation, skillfulness, competence, brightness, efficiency, helpfulness, and a pleasant demeanour. The incumbent will report to the Manager, General Administration.
- Provide logistic support for educational activities as assigned including facilitation of guest lecturers and outsourced faculty.
- Ensure the arrangement of classrooms and teaching spaces to create a conducive environment for academic activities.
- Actively provide support to all activities related to teaching and learning as directed.
- Collaborate with faculty and coordinators to support the successful execution of educational activities and events as needed.
- Coordinate special arrangements, such as providing materials or facilities, as needed for specific educational activities.
- Handle petty cash for daily operational expenses related to the institution and related retirements.
- Manage payments and reimbursements promptly, including those for faculty, guest lecturers, and support staff.
- Provide general administrative support to the procurement office, including the release of payments and processing utility bills.
- Manage transportation facilities for faculty, staff, visitors, and students, especially for clinical and community fieldwork.
- Coordinate daily transportation schedules based on requests and official requirements.
- Provide logistical support for Faculty and students when required.
- Ensure proper maintenance and readiness of all institutional vehicles.
- Assist in providing travel and accommodation services for AKU operations when required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative functions, in a reputable organization
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Possess IT skills in MS Office, database, Excel, Power Point and use of Internet, Email
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision-making ability.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to [email protected] not later than 1st October 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.