3 Administration and Logistic Officer Jobs Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
3 Administration and Logistic Officer Jobs Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position||Administration and Logistic Officer (3)|
|Work Station||Mara (1), Simiyu (1), Zanzibar (1)|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
The Job holder will be responsible to provide general administrative support, office upkeep, and facility management. S/he will be responsible for supporting program logistics and transportation needs
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and review quality service delivery of outsourced services including travel and vehicle usage, cleaning, security, and other daily office
- Maintain an asset register for all Amref fixed assets and project All new assets are to be registered, tagged with Amref ID number, and allocated to respective as per Amref asset procedures by using a professional way of dispatching items by using waybills.
- Provide a liaison between Amref and key suppliers of office equipment and logistic support ensuring all necessary services are supported
- Improve the Safety and Security of staff, property, and the office Premises
- Amref offices to be registered under OSHA and complied with OSHA regulations
- Services of fire extinguishers at required intervals
- Maintain up-to-date insurance for all facilities, equipment,
- Manage utilities including water and electricity ensuring timely payment to avoid disconnection; appropriate usage as well as alternative supply options
- Maintain all necessary files with regard to general office
- Prepare monthly vehicle maintenance, and fuel report which will include details of when, and at what KM service is performed, spares, and cost for spares and shared with the Administration
- Make sure drivers all obey transport rules and procedures as per Amref transport policy by conducting meetings with
- Perform other duties as guided by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum Education: A degree in Public Administration or Business Administration, Procurement, and Supply Chain/Logistic Management. A Masters’s degree is an added advantage
- General administration including facilities management and secretarial knowledge
- Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package of Word and Excel,
- Good interpersonal and people management skills with a mature and confident personality
- Possess work experience of not less than 3 years and should be competent or have worked in HIV-related projects for at least 3 years
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above. Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be.