Accounting Technician Job Vacancies at USAID Tanzania SUBJECT: Solicitation for a Cooperating Country National Personal Service Contractor (CCNPSC) – Accounting Technician
The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking offers/applications from qualified persons to provide personal services under contract as described in this solicitation.
Accounting Technician Job Vacancies at USAID Tanzania
This position is located in USAID/Tanzania’s Office of Financial Management.
- Offers/Applications must be in accordance with Attachment 1 of this solicitation. Incomplete or unsigned offers/applications will not be considered. Offerors should retain copies of all offer materials for their records.
- USAID will evaluate all offerors based on the stated evaluation criteria. USAID encourages all individuals, including those from disadvantaged and under-represented groups, to respond to the solicitation.
- USAID is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- This solicitation in no way obligates USAID to award a contract, nor does it commit USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the offers.
Any questions must be directed in writing to the Point of Contact specified in Attachment 1.
|I. GENERAL INFORMATION|
|SOLICITATION NO.: 72062123R10016|
|ISSUANCE DATE: July 17, 2023|
|3. CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: July 31 , 2023|
|POINT OF CONTACT: Hussein Tuwa,e-mail at [email protected]|
|POSITION TITLE: Accounting Technician|
|MARKET VALUE: TShs. 38,384,127 to TShs. 59,495,399 equivalent to FSN-08. In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/Tanzania. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.|
|PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The base period will be on/about October 15, 2023 to on/about October 12, 2024, and is estimated to start on October 15, 2023.|
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Education: Completion of Secondary Schooling, and an additional two years of post-secondary study. in accounting, finance or business administration is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in accounts maintenance, bookkeeping and accounting technical work is required.
- Language Proficiency: Level IV in English and Kiswahili are required
- Job Knowledge: Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles and theories is required. Incumbent should have some knowledge of appropriation and allotment accounting procedures used in maintaining, reconciling, balancing and closing complex accounts in USAID activities; knowledge of automated systems and the fiscal account code structure.
- Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to analyze numerous accounting records and determine the need for various types of entries and adjustments; to record, reconcile and balance accounts; and to relate the purpose and objectives of projects to their costs and fiscal requirements. Ability to utilize data processing techniques such as spreadsheets and word processing packages. Must be able to effectively express self both orally and in written correspondence and should maintain effective working relations with team colleagues.
To meet the basic eligibility requirements for this position the offeror must:
- Be a Tanzanian citizen who are working within the USG.
- Submit a complete application (Offer) as outlined in the section IV.
After the closing date for receipt of applications, those that meet the minimum qualification requirements (Education and Experience) will be invited to take an English proficiency test. Applicants who achieve Level IV (operational) proficiency will be referred to a Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC). Applications from candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. The TEC will review and score the applications to create a list of applicants to advance to the next phases of the recruitment process. Candidates will be evaluated based on information presented in the application, skills test, interview, and obtained through reference checks. An applicant’s references must be able to provide substantive information about past performance and abilities.
Interview questions will be intended to explore the candidate’s:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze numerous accounting records and determine the need for various types of entries and adjustments to record,
- Proficiency in reconciling and balancing accounts and to relate the purpose and objectives of projects to their costs and fiscal requirements;
- General knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles and theories;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data processing techniques such as spreadsheets and word processing packages;
- Knowledge of automated systems and the fiscal account code structure;
- Effectiveness in expressing themselves both orally and in written correspondence as well as effectiveness in working relations with team colleagues.
SUBMITTING AN OFFER
- Eligible Offerors are required to complete and submit (1) a current resume or curriculum vitae; (2) a cover letter, not to exceed two pages, addressing how the applicant meets the knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in the position. Offerors will also submit any other documents (certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position, and a list of three (3) to five (5) references with complete contact information, including email address and telephone numbers.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted only online via mailbox [email protected].
- To ensure consideration of offers/applications for the intended position, Offerors/Applicants must prominently indicate the solicitation number and position title (Accounting Technician) in the subject line. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete offer/application.