Accounting Clerk Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) Latest
Accounting Clerk Jobs at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
TAHA is currently implementing a 5-year USAID funded project called USAID “Tuhifadhi Chakula” activity. The purpose of the Project is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. The project is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing postharvest handling issues within key value chains with a major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. The project will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which improve food handling, storage and value addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organizations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
|Positions||13 Accounting Clerk|
|Reporting to||Senior Project Accountant|
|Duty station||Arusha, Tanzania|
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for providing support to the financial operations of the organization. This role involves assisting in the preparation and processing of financial documents, verifying financial data, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of the project’s financial transactions.
Scope of work
• Assist in the accurate and timely processing of invoices, payments, receipts, and other financial transactions.
• Enter financial data into the organization’s accounting software or database while ensuring accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
Verify and cross-check financial documents, invoices, and expense reports for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to financial policies.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly supported by relevant documentation.
• Maintain organized and up-to-date financial records, both in physical and electronic formats.
• File and archive financial documents according to established filing systems for easy retrieval and audit purposes.
• Assist in reconciling bank statements with financial records to ensure accurate recording of transactions.
• Identify and address discrepancies or errors found during the reconciliation process.
• Prepare and compile financial data for regular and ad hoc reports as requested by supervisors or management.
• Collaborate with other departments to provide accurate financial information and assist in the preparation of financial statements.
• Provide administrative support to the finance team, including photocopying, scanning, filing, and organizing financial documents and records.
• Assist in coordinating with vendors, suppliers, and internal staff to resolve any financial-related inquiries.
• Assist in preparing documentation and providing information required for internal and external audits.
• Collaborate with auditors and internal teams to ensure the smooth conduct of financial audits.
Qualifications and skills
• A diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred. Certifications or courses in accounting software and financial management is an added advantage.
• Proven work experience of at least 2 years in administrative roles, preferably in project or team support.
• Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and financial record-keeping.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Basic understanding of financial regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
• Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
1. Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: [email protected].
2. Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
3. Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for. For example: “APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION.”
4. Focus on One Application: Applicants are requested to apply for one specific vacancy only. Multiple applications for different positions will not be accepted.
5. Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, 12th September, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
6. Adherence: Please carefully adhere to all instructions provided above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in your application not being reviewed.
The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scale, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other employment benefits will be as per the organization’s policy
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.