16 Jobs Opportunities at Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA) 2023;- On behalf of the Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill sixteen (16) vacant posts mentioned below.
TAA was established as an Executive Agency by the Government Notice No. 404 of December 1999 made under the Executive Agencies Act No. 30 of 1997. The Authority assumed the functions of the former Directorate of Aerodromes under the Ministry of Communications and Transport, now renamed Ministry of Works and Transport to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports in Tanzania mainland in a professional and cost-effective manner.
In its ten years since its establishment, TAA succeed to improve comfortable, efficient, secure services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in its airports through installations of Security equipments such as X-ray Machines, walk-through metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors, Installation of CCTV Camera and Installation of Explosives Vapour Tracer at JNIA, Mwanza, Mtwara, Arusha, Dodoma, Kigoma, Tabora, Mbeya, Iringa, Mafia, Lake Manyara, Lindi, Bukoba, Shinyanga, Musoma, Tanga, Songea, Nachingwea, Ngara, Sumbawanga, Moshi, Morogoro and Kilwa Masoko Airports.
TANZANIA AIRPORT AUTHORITY (TAA)
Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style.
ASSISTANT AIRCRAFT MARSHALLER -16 POSTS 1.0.2 DUTY STATION: JULIUS NYERERE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JNIA) AND REGIONAL AIRPORTS 1.0.3 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist Aircraft Marshaller in marshalling of aircraft activities;
- To collect and record daily statistics on incoming and outgoing flights and passenger
Movements; iii. To assist in disseminating aircraft movement information to the public address centre and other users;
- To conduct apron inspection and ensure there is no fog, spillage and any obstacles that can endanger aircraft movement and remove any obstacles which will hinder
the aircraft’s maneuvering on the apron;
- To inspect aerobridges, automatic optical guidance system, flood lights and unusual pavement condition and report any damage, spillage or un-serviceability;
- To observe and ensure all apron movements (vehicles, equipment’s, staff and passengers) comply with developed safety operating procedures;
- To report the occurrence of accident or incidents on airside and apron immediately;
- To direct the pilots on where to park aircraft on the apron and ensure proper parking of aircrafts in their respective parking bays based on their type and size;
- To assist Marshaller to undertake inspection of AVOP licenses of all drivers and operators on the airside;
- To be in constant contact with Air Traffic Control, ground operations and communicate and disseminate the same to airport users e.g. airline operators, information personnel and management; and
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Certificate in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources, Statistics or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution and should have computer knowledge. Applicant with knowledge of foreign Languages will be an added advantage
SALARY SCALE: TAAS 2
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention; ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts;
Postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
Form IV and form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply; ix. An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi Building /Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma. xiii. Deadline for application is 26th March, 2023;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)