Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI 360.
Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI , FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Technical Advisor, Vaccine Service Delivery - Dar es salaamfor its EpiC project in Tanzania.
Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI , The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360.
In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360. Job Description
Technical Advisor, Vaccine Service Delivery will be responsible for leading the service delivery technical response of the EpiC Tanzania project under the guidance of the EpiC Tanzania COVID-19 Director with a dotted line to the EpiC Africa Regional Technical Advisor,Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
Leading the technical team and partners to (1) improve delivery and enhance uptake of COVID-19 vaccines by introducing innovative approaches and service delivery models; (2) develop or adapt appropriate service delivery related tools, guidelines, and job aides for the EpiC Tanzania COVID-19 vaccination program; (3) work with STA SBC to lead the design and support implementation of surge strategies to get more people vaccinated quickly, 4) build capacity of staff, partners and consultant(s) on the COVID-19 vaccination service delivery models.
Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI Main Function/Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice to the project team and partners to reduce barriers to accessing COVID-19 vaccines and improve availability, equity, and coverage
- Work with STA SBC to lead the design and advise the implementation of appropriate surge strategies at national and subnational levels to improve access to and availability of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Provide technical advice on re-designing service delivery models, processes, and approaches at national, regional, and local levels with the aim to get more vaccines safely into the arms of target populations. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy
- Understand how inequality, discrimination and exclusion can impact an individual’s or group’s access to services and support in Tanzania, and devise different strategies that can address these barriers
- Identify capacity building needs of public and private sector vaccinators, the EpiC Tanzania project team and partners, and develop appropriate tools, strategies and implementation plans to enhance local capacityVaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360.
- Lead assessment of current vaccine service delivery models and work with relevant stakeholders to adapt the models based on needs and support their implementation
- Provide technical support to the country team in macro and micro planning to enhance coverage of COVID-19 vaccination program based on evidence.
- Support development of guidelines, job aides and other tools for prevention, identification and management of rare adverse events caused by vaccines. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy
- Provide technical advice to partners and key stakeholders on best practices in improving coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders, including ministries of health. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy
- Collaborate in the development of applied research projects that allow the evaluation of vaccine rollout strategies, approaches, effects, and adverse events. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360.
- Support the development of workplans, budgets, case studies, success stories, reports and other documents required by the client or FHI 360 HQ.
- Provide necessary advice on quality assurance and quality improvement approaches to improve service delivery at vaccination sites.
- Continuously scan the vaccination coverage, strategies, approaches, indicators, and service delivery models in Tanzania; anticipate pain points and proactively engage in identifying solutions to support the MOH in achieving their COVID-19 vaccination targets.
- Work collaboratively and dependably with colleagues and in a way that encourages learning, sharing and teamwork. Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
Technical Advisor, Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360
Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI Minimum Requirements for Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy
- Master’s degree in Health Sciences or related field (MPH /Clinical degree preferred) with (a) at least 8 years’ experience in providing senior level technical advice to large scale vaccination program (s); (b) at least 3 years’ experience in providing technical advice in the design of vaccine service delivery programs and its implementation at the national, subnational, and local levels, and experience adjusting approaches based on data required. OR Bachelor’s degree in similar field with 9-11 yrs experience in similar areas of expertise. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy
- Demonstrated experience in both macro and microplanning for improving coverage of vaccination programs in Tanzania or sub-Saharan Africa.Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
- Professional background demonstrating strong experience working in health care systems and services.
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity of country staff on various aspects of vaccination program. Experience in vaccine pharmacovigilance, coordination of training, development of guidelines, training materials and tools highly desirable.Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
- Experience in strengthening supportive supervision, quality assurance and quality improvement desirable.
- Ability to conduct and deliver thorough analysis, report writing and dissemination of information to a broad range of audiences
- Experience with working on a donor-funded project preferred.
- Project management certification preferred
- English fluency required.
Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. Vaccine Service Delivery Job Vacancy at FHI 360.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.Vaccine Service Delivery Jobs Vacancy at FHI
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.