New UNDP Communication Analyst Jobs Opportunities 2022
Communication Analyst Jobs, UNDP wishes to engage the services of a Communications Associate who will assume the responsibility and accountability for the implementation of a Communication and Visibility Plan for the project.
Background for Communication Analyst Jobs
UNDP and the European Union have recently signed a Contribution Agreement to support the Government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Energy (MOE) and collaborating partners to achieve the overall objective of ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all in Tanzania. The project will fast track implementation of key Energy Efficiency actions and prepare a comprehensive Energy Efficiency Action Plan (EEAP), which will be integrated with the Tanzania Energy Efficiency Strategy (TEES) in support of the National Energy Policy and strategic goals set by the Tanzania National Development Vision 2025. In addition to EEAP, other key actions under this project are included.Communication Analyst Jobs
- Development of Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) and Labelling,
- Development and implementation of a framework for energy performance certification in large buildings,
- Enhancement of Energy Consumption Data of Large Energy Consumers,
- Development and implementation of a framework for the management of large energy consumers,
- Development of professional qualifications and skills in Energy Management and Audit,
- Creation of Energy Efficiency Awareness of the Public
- Strengthening of coordination on EEAP implementation.
The project is expected to help the country in strengthening Legal, Regulatory, Institutional frameworks, and administrative actions to support the implementation and introduction of Energy Efficiency actions; help large energy consumers and general users to identify and implement quantifiable investments in Energy Efficiency; help in capacity and skills development, jobs creation and increase employability in the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy services and technology sector, particularly for women and youth; and increase public awareness, access to information, stakeholder dialogue and visibility of financial, economic, and societal benefits of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
Communication Analyst Jobs Position Purpose
In the above context, UNDP wishes to engage the services of a Communications Associate who will assume the responsibility and accountability for the implementation of a Communication and Visibility Plan for the project. The Project Communications Analyst will form part of the Project Management team at the UNDP and will work in close collaboration with the Programme Communications and Partnership Analyst at UNDP, Programme Specialist, Energy & Climate Change, as well as liaise closely with relevant staff at UNDP CO and the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) in Dodoma.
Key Duties and Accountabilities for Communication Analyst Jobs
Initiation and coordination of efforts to promote and communicate Energy Efficiency Plan objectives.
- Implement the communication plan ensuring audience engagement, creating brand recognition and media relations
Promote the work of EU (European Union), Government, UNDP, and its partners on the Energy Efficiency Action Plan project in Tanzania across all partners; as well as managing internal communication.Communication Analyst Jobs
- Fostering partnership between EU, Government, UNDP, and other stakeholders
Identifying, documenting, and drafting of best practices and lessons learned
- Drafting content to display and demonstrate impact and good practices achieved by the project to promote energy efficiency etiquettes in Tanzania
Preparation of press releases, media advisories, talking points, speeches, web content, articles, and general correspondence, among others.Communication Analyst Jobs
- Overall media monitoring on UNDP related issues, including in creating an updated media and partners contact list
Assisting various teams in the organization of key events and communication opportunities
- Such as major conferences, workshops and reports including graphic designing of reports, and case studies.
Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels.
- As needed to feed content into the work of the communications team.
Communications Analyst -NOA Job Vacancy at UNDP
Expected Demonstration of Competencies for Communication Analyst Jobs
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility : LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination :LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies for Communication Analyst Jobs
- CommunicationsAdvocacy strategy and implementation Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
- General (across the functions) Public relations Ability to build and maintain an overall positive public image for the organization, its mandate, and its brand, while ensuring that individual campaigns and other communications and advocacy initiatives are supported in reaching the public
- Communications Media Relations Ability to develop media relations across all aspects of media work including relationships with media and preparing media materials such as messages
- Communications Digital strategy Ability to plan the use of resources through digital channels to reach and engage target audiences effectively and to achieve particular objectives
- General (across the functions) Event planning and execution Ability to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP’s overall brand and mandate.
- Communications Writing and editing Ability to create and/or edit written content in different UN languages.
- Communications Web and social media analytics Ability to analyze and interpret data and statistics to measure web and social media performance
Requirements for Communication Analyst Jobs:
- A Master’s Degree in social sciences, communication, journalism, public relations, political science, mass communication is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, communication, journalism, public relations, political science, mass communication or any other related with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s Degree.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum 1 year (Masters) is desirable or 3 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience at the national level in delivering communication services to promote the activities of international organizations is required.
- Computer literate in standard software applications, e.g., Microsoft Offices, Web Browsers, etc.
- Ability to use social media applications, e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Canva, Hootsuite
- Capable of working in a high-pressure environment with sharp deadlines, managing many tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in conceptualizing and managing the production of printed materials, including detailed reports
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate activities.
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.; (Experience using Adobe Suite for design purposes, specifically Photoshop and InDesign, in addition to other Adobe applications is an added advantage)
- Knowledge of using the following Apps/application will be an advantage – Canva, Hootsuite, Trello board, Campaign Monitor
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili is required.
IMPORTANT NOTE for Communication Analyst Jobs:
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.Communication Analyst Jobs
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.Communication Analyst Jobs
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 May 2022.