SAMSTIP Teacher Intern Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023 – Southern Africa’s largest, oldest, and most comprehensive independent (private) schools association is ISASA, a nonprofit organization. More than 800 schools in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, and Mozambique get support from the organization, which in turn educates more than 180 000 students.
ISASA represents a variety of socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious groups as well as educational levels. The organization wants to provide an atmosphere where all kids in southern Africa may get a high-quality education.
SAMSTIP Teacher Intern Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
The Southern African Mathematics and Scientific Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) seeks to address the primary problem of South Africa’s skills crisis, which is a dearth of qualified math and science instructors. The initiative focuses on providing high-quality instruction by ISASA member schools to create math and science teachers.
SAMSTIP BURSARY PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
For the academic year 2023, ISASA is encouraging students to apply for the SAMSTIP Bursary program. The scholarship will be used to pay for teaching courses at UNISA, especially the PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) and B.Ed. (only for the senior and FET phases) with a focus on mathematics and science (Physical Science, Life or Natural Science).
ISASA has teamed with Investec Bank and the Department of Basic Education to launch the South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP). The program aims to solve South Africa’s severe shortage of competent math and science instructors.
The following costs will be covered by the bursary: UNISA tuition fees, required textbooks, a small monthly stipend, and an allowance for travel and lodging. Additionally, beneficiaries of bursaries will have the following advantages: training at ISASA member schools, access to technology and resources for teaching and learning, guidance from certified school instructors, and an academic enrichment program.
Candidates who have been shortlisted may be contacted and asked to take an admission test. Candidates will be called to an internal interview following the admission exam, followed by an interview with a prospective host school and a provisional placement. Prior to making a final decision, shortlisted individuals will be asked to apply to UNISA (applications open in August and September each year). Successful candidates will get official written notification.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAMSTIP BURSARY
- You must be a resident of South Africa (born in South Africa)
- You must be younger than 30 years of age.
- You must be interested in pursuing a PGCE or B.Ed with a specialization in mathematics and science (only for the senior and FET phases) (Physical Science, Life Science or Natural Science)
- B.Ed. applicants: You must plan to enroll in open distance learning at UNISA during the 2023 academic year. You must be a Matric student or graduate to apply for PGCE positions. You need to have earned an appropriate undergraduate degree.
- You must have completed the necessary academic courses: Biological, physical, or natural sciences, as well as mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must be open to attending any South Dakota public school (Professional Development Host School).
mode of application
With your online application, include legible copies of the following supporting papers (submitting these documents is required; if any are missing, your application may be rejected):
Identity card (certified copy)
complete academic record
diploma or degree certificate,For more details visit here >> https://funding.xhuma.io/auth/login