Public Relations Officer at Ardhi Universities 2022
Public Relations Officer, Ardhi University has a temporary vacant position in Administrative cadre. The University subscribes to the policy of an equal opportunity employer and therefore invites applications from candidates who are interested to work in a thriving University environment and have the requisite skills, qualifications and experience for a position indicated below:
Position: Public Relations Officer Il (Convocation Liaison Officer) (1 POST)
Required Qualifications for Public Relations Officer:
Holder of First Degree/Advanced Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication or any other related field plus excellent ICT skills
Purpose of the Public Relations Officer position:
Responsible for developing and implementing the convocation strategies as stipulated in the Constitution of Ardhi University Convocation in order to foster good alumni relations that will build and strengthen relationships between the University and Alumni and other members of the community.
Public Relations Officer Job Descriptions:
- Establish, maintain and update a functional database of ARU Alumni.
- Responsible for alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni; Web and email communication, Alumni Relations web site and web services for alumni; Social media and e-communications on convocation matters.
- Develop strong student, alumni, staff and other volunteer networks working with key individuals to support and develop strategies for alumni relations activity
- Organize events related to convocation (both in person and online) for alumni and other friends of the University, within the University and elsewhere, and attend such events as needed.
- Serve on committees relating to convocation relations, and serves as liaison between Ardhi University and the alumni community
- Manage the University’s relationship with Convocation to ensure that the Convocation functions effectively and in a way that benefits the University.
- Provide Administrative Support to ARU Convocation i.e. arranging and providing support to Convocation Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting, such as organizing venues, distributing agendas, papers and minute-taking, plus ensuring actions are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Develop strategies for encouraging and supporting academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations
- Liaise closely with, provide support to, and help direct the activity of various alumni groups. (j) Contribute to promoting and supporting fundraising for convocation activities.
Experience for Public Relations Officer:
- An understanding of the University environment and knowledge of the higher education sector
- Experience of working in alumni relations/administration in the education sector
- Experience in event management
- Experience of using social media tools
Experience in posting content on websites (f) Experience working with databases
- Experience working in a fundraising team
- Experience in successful recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers
Skills for Public Relations Officer:
- Excellent IT skills especially in database applications, mail emailing, mail merge, MS Word and Excel and Social Media tools (WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Administrative skills
- Effective time management
- Able to write and speak fluently (Kiswahili and English) for different media
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following:
- Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
- Applicant’s current CV.
- Three names and addresses of referees;
- National Identity Card (NIDA)
- TCU verification for Foreign County Degree Certificate
Applications should reach the University by using the address below not later than 3 weeks from 12th May, 2022 the date of publication of this advertisement.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Planning, Finance and Administration
Ardhi University P.O. Box 35176
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Advert related to jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania march 2022, jobs tanzania january 2022, jobs tanzania government, undp jobs tanzania, zoom jobs tanzania, unhcr jobs tanzania, mabumbe jobs tanzania, icap jobs tanzania, great jobs tanzania, ngo jobs tanzania
new jobs tanzania,Public Relations Officer, us embassy jobs tanzania, total jobs tanzania, jobs in tanzania, jobs in tanzania 2022, jobs in tanzania for foreigners, jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi dar es salaam, nafasi za kazi 2022 dar es salaam, ajira portal, nafasi za kazi tamisemi, nafasi za kazi wiki hii, nafasi za kazi mashirika binafsi 2022, ajira tanzania
View more jobs Here
Our Chatting WhatsApp Group for Instant Updates Here
Our Telegram Channel For Instant Updates Here