New Job Opportunities at Glovo, Head of People
New Job Opportunities at Glovo, Head of People
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The People team’s main purpose is to provide people with the Job of Their Lives. We build every person’s experience around a tech-enabled mindset, believing that people should independently control their careers with the support of tools, technology and processes that allow them to unfold their potential. We feel very strongly about our non-vanilla culture where people belong and can be their true self at work, but also know that it is not a place where everyone will feel identified with our strong Performance Culture – and we are ok with that.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director International, as Head of People for Africa (Morocco, Tunisia , Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda) you will drive the People agenda for your scope, managing end to end People matters and supporting leaders and employees in their journey and exponential growth of the organization in those countries. You will be responsible to bring to life the People vision, support leaders on decisions and work closely with HQ in Barcelona to foster the unique Glovo Culture.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Work closely with senior business leaders responsible for high growth businesses and decision making challenges every day
- Lead, coach and develop the a People team that will be the full responsible for the people agenda in the region
- Own and manage the People OKRs and deliverables for the quarter to make sure all initiatives are delivered
- Drive a strong Performance Culture locally: manage headcount proactively, hire the best and make sure people and leaders are held accountable for their performance
- Own recruitment for the business in scope, supporting the growth and onboarding of new employees at a very fast pace
- Act as ambassador, represent and foster Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Well Being and other People Experiences that drives engagement and Culture
- Participate and drive the implementation of a new HR tools and strategy providing local insight and perspective
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a generalist leadership role in HR (ideally a 360 experience)
- Broad experience in leading HR teams (including managing leaders)
- Proven experience as an HR leader in the region, with knowledge of various countries in scope
- Track record in Leaders development
- Experienced in working with Global People teams, looking into translating strategy to regionally relevant executions
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Minimum BSc/BA level education
- Excellent English, written and spoken, French or Arabic are an advantage
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!