The Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority’s (INSETA) invites South African students to apply for the INSETA ISSF Bursaries 2023 Insurance Sector Student Fund (ISSF) Bursary Programme 2023 academic year, Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 January 2023 Bursaries will be awarded to unemployed and employed individuals, preferably those studying towards courses in the Insurance and related sectors.
Table of Contents
INSETA ISSF Bursaries 2023
Bursaries are awarded based on the following main factors: academic merit and financial need/ affordability of applicants.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses, for unemployed students: tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, meals, technological devices where applicable (laptops and data) and a monthly allowance.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses, for employed students: tuition fees. Employed students are awarded bursaries on a sliding scale.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 90 days of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Requirements for opportunity
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must unemployed and between 18 and 35 years old OR you must be employed and of any age
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (preferably towards a course in the Insurance and related sectors)
How to apply
Download and complete the INSETA ISSF Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Acceptance Letter from institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of Registration from institution, if applicable (on institutions letterhead)
- Tuition Fee/ Course Quotation (on institutions letterhead)
- Accommodation Fee/ Course Quotation (on institutions letterhead)
- Completed ISSF POPIA Form (.pdf)
- Letter of Employment, if employed
- Financial Supporting documents:
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians death certificates/ affidavit if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians 3 months recent payslips/ bank statements (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians affidavit and SASSA letter if receiving a grant (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “ISSF Bursary Application” in the email subject line).