This article will based on eraborating you in details about How to Apply For NHIF Card, Biometric Card and NHIF Super Cover The National Hospital Insurance Funds (NHIF) were founded with the main objective of providing all Kenyan citizens, regardless of their financial or social standing, with accessible, cheap, long-term, and high-quality health insurance. The NHIF has also advanced by providing online services that people can access while sitting comfortably.
Perhaps you want to join the NHIF but are unaware about the procedure for doing so. Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered. I’ll go through all the information you’ll need to know to activate your NHIF card.
Procedure to Apply For NHIF Card
The following below are the full Procedure to Apply For NHIF Card that was eraborated in details to help you as shown below
How to Apply For NHIF Card
You may as well do the physical application following this procedure:
- Visit the nearest NHIF office near you or the Huduma Centre.
- Request for an NHIF application form.
- Fill in the NHIF application form correctly based on your status. Remember to give honest details about yourself.
- Attach all the required documents as requested in the application form.
- Return the duly filled form to the NHIF office.
Wait for a period of time so as to collect your NHIF card in the NHIF office where you made your application.
ALSO CHECK: How to register for NHIF and NSFF
You have two ways to apply for NHIF, and therefore you are able to judge which one is simpler for you.
NHIF Compliance Certificate
You may also like to know how to apply for an NHIF compliance certificate:
1. Write a letter of request containing details such as name, address, contact numbers, business type, total number of employees, and the NHUF employer number.
2. Attachment of the relevant documents such as bank statements, payrolls, and payment proof of contribution fees.
ALSO CHECK: How to get your NSSF in kenya
3. Update your business account as you will not be able to get NHIF compliance certificate if your account in not up to date.
4. After having a duly filled NHIF compliance application form, visit the nearest NHIF office where you will be guided further by the NHIF customer care.
5. Hold on for your NHIF compliance certificate approval which might take a few weeks to be approved.
6. Collect your NHIF compliance certificate from the NHIF office which you were directed by the NHIF customer care.
7. Remember, an NHIF compliance certificate is never applied online, therefore follow the given physical steps.
NHIF Biometric Card
If you are also looking for how to register an NHIF biometric card online, then here is the procedure that you can use:
- Log in to the NHIF self-service portal.
- Upload the scanned copy of your NHIF card and identity card.
- Verification is done and your details are captured.
- You will be issued with a registration number once you have successfully registered.
This is the easiest way to register your NHIF biometric card online. You can as well do the physical application by visiting the NHIF office near you.
NHIF Super Cover
Are you inquisitive about how to apply for NHIF super cover? Here is the guide that you will use:
1. Visit the NHIF self-service portal.
2. Press on if self-employed.
3. Key in your national ID number or alien card number.
4. Fill in all the other remaining sections.
5. Upload scanned copies of the required documents.
6. Click to confirm the details.
7. Click on Submit to complete the application process.
NHIF super cover caters for everything when one has an emergency issue that needs to be attended to as soon as possible.
NHIF Registration Requirements
Perhaps you are also interested in knowing the requirements for NHIF registration, which include:
1. NHIF application forms.
2. A birth certificate.
3. National identity card.
4. Introduction letter from the employer if you are employed.
5. An alien card is needed if you are a foreigner.
6. Passport-size photos of the applicant and the beneficiaries, if any.
Equip yourself with these documents in order to get your NHIF card with ease.
Cost of NHIF Cover
Are you wondering how much it costs to apply for NHIF cover? NHIF first-time registration fees are always free of charge, but a fee of Ksh. 500 is needed for activation.
You might be interested in knowing how to use the NHIF card in a hospital where you simply dial *155# or download the NHIF app where you will follow the prompts given on using the NHIF card in a hospital.
In the end, NHIF online registration for self-employed has made life easier for Kenyans by reducing tarmacking and thus saving money and time. Furthermore, the NHIF serves all citizens, making it a popular health insurance plan in the country. I wish you the best of luck as you apply for NHIF coverage in Kenya.