Finance Officer Job Overall purpose:
Finance Officer Job, Under the supervision of the Finance Manger, the Finance Officer provides financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures within the Country operations in Tanzania and Burundi. The Finance Officer contributes to the development and implementation of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The Finance Officer provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Finance Officer Job JOB DESCRIPTION
Job title: Finance Officer
Band: Employment band: Danish Refugee Council
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Technical line manager: Finance Manager
Direct reports: No direct reports
Unit/department: Finance Department
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities:
Finance and accounting
• Day to day activities in finance department.
• Daily posting of expenses reports and cash advances in DRC Dynamics
• Monthly quality insurance and upload payroll and post salary journal in DRC Dynamics.
• Overall responsible for monthly generation and posting of timesheets and running Distribution in DRC
Dynamics.Finance Officer Job
• Support program managers with resource scheduling of staff.
• Responsible for uploading Tanzania Payroll in to Dynamic and ensure it is reconciled with Accruals (Tax, Workers Compensation, Skills Development Levy, Social Security and Higher Education Students Loans Board)
• Review quality of supporting documentation for low value procurement before posting into DRC Dynamics.
• Prepare cash transfer request and send to HQ.Finance Officer Job
• Update the Finance Manager on the cash needs required to run Program Activities.
• Create vendor Invoices in Dynamics for high value procurement.
• Monitor financial activities and keep Finance Manager informed on situations that might have negative impact on internal controls of financial performance.
• Ensure that the authorized bank signatory list and bank information forms are regularly updated, and photocopies are kept on files.
• Examine and evaluate financial information system, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.Finance Officer Job
• Make recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of DRC.
• Ensure tax and all other statutory payments are made every month before deadline.
• Ensure payments of incentive workers are made on time.Finance Officer Job
• Guide and Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, statutory returns, annual Financial Statements and NGO report.
• Ensure / Strengthen an internal compliance control on Finance Voucher for Tanzania by creating tools and conducting spot checks.
• Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivables in DRC Dynamics.
• Guide and Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, statutory returns, annual Financial Statements and NGO report
• Monitor and reconcile balance accounts on Monthly basis and make sure any outstanding balance has a clear justification.
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
• Responsible to prepare and review Cost Control on all running cost for Tanzania Office and provide comments / feedbacks to relevant Managers.
• Prepare and participate in donor verifications and annual audits.
• Follow up with staff to ensure that all staff advances are settled within the same month.
• Review and follow up on pending transactions and committed costs in DRC Dynamics to ensure timely closure.
• Assist the Finance Manager in other areas as required.
• Provide technical support and advice to the country finance teams.
• Ensure compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines.
• Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
Budgeting & Reporting
• Support financial report preparations of monthly, quarterly and annually per the Donor regulation.
• Ensuring financial reports are complete, accurate produced on a timely basis to ensure adequate review, approval and submission to the grants unit.Finance Officer Job
• Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting.
• Review BI-reports and ensure all budget lines are charged accordingly and monitor the burn rates.
• Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager.Finance Officer Job
• Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
• Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues including spending for all programs in the country, including co-funding, key variances and any remedial action.
• Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries
• Work Closely with Finance Manager to develop and Monitor Master and Grant Budgets and budget amendments.
• Ensure all Finance actions for monthly BFU meetings are addressed on time before the next BFU meetings including rebooking.
Finance Officer Job Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
• NGO experience
Finance Officer Job Education:
• Advance Diploma in Accountancy, BBA or equivalent professional qualification
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Finance staff
• Program Managers
• Human Resources
• Procurement and Logistics
• Area Manager Tanzania
• Area Manager Burundi
• HOSS Tanzania/Burundi
• Country Director Tanzania/Burundi
• Regional Office/Head Quarters
• Incentive Workers
• Local Auditor company in Tanzania
• Local TAX authorities in Tanzania
• NNB Bank
Finance Officer Job Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☒ ☐
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.Finance Officer Job
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.Finance Officer Job
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.Finance Officer Job
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Advert related to jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania march 2022, jobs tanzania january 2022, jobs tanzania government, undp jobs tanzania, zoom jobs tanzania, unhcr jobs tanzania, mabumbe jobs tanzania, icap jobs tanzania, great jobs tanzania, ngo jobs tanzania
new jobs tanzania, us embassy jobs tanzania, total jobs tanzania, jobs in tanzania, jobs in tanzania 2022, jobs in tanzania for foreigners, jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi dar es salaam, nafasi za kazi 2022 dar es salaam, ajira portal, nafasi za kazi tamisemi, nafasi za kazi wiki hii, nafasi za kazi mashirika binafsi 2022, ajira tanzania
View more jobs Here
Our Chatting WhatsApp Group for Instant Updates Here
Our Telegram Channel For Instant Updates Here