Ethics Officer at Tanzania National Coordinating Mechanism(TNCM) 2022
Ethics Officer, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria has supported the United Republic of Tanzania through a portfolio of 16 grants funding health programs in the mainland and with a separate portfolio in Zanzibar.
Two Principal Recipients manage grant funds: Ministry of Finance and Planning on behalf of the Government of Tanzania and Amref Health Africa as civil society organization engaged in the health sector community work. The Tanzania National Coordinating Mechanism (TNCM), housed under the Prime Minister’s Office, is the governance body overseeing the portfolio.
The Tanzania National Coordinating Mechanism is in the process of recruiting a part time Ethics Officer to support the operations function of the TNCM, which includes ensuring ethical leadership and conduct.
The Ethics Officer would also serve as the Protection from Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) Focal Point for the TNCM.
The successful candidate will maintain consistent ethical conduct performance standards and expresses Global Fund and Government of Tanzania core values of integrity and professionalism in carrying out assigned functions in order to contribute to the improved fulfilment of The Tanzania Grant objectives.
Ethics Officer JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Ethics Officer
Responsible to: Executive Secretary of the TNCM and
TNCM leadership supervises: None
Duration: 1 -year contract (part time), renewable.
Location: Prime Minister’s Office – TNCM Secretariat (Fair Competition Commission Building)
KEY FUNCTIONS for Ethics Officer
Objective 1 related to Values and Principles driven actions & 0behaviors:
- Monitoring TNCM activities and deliberations to ensure the respect of the Values and Principles included in the TNCM Code of Conduct;
- Ensuring ethics considerations are embedded in decisionmaking processes;
- Providing advice, ongoing guidance and support to all TNCM members, TNCM Leadership, TNCM Management Committee and TNCM Secretariat;
- Ensuring all members are trained and aware of their role and responsibilities with training sessions and regular communications; TNCM Code of Conduct e-learning modules by all TNCM members;
- Acting as custodian and mediator of ethical and governance matters to protect the integrity of the TNCM as a whole, and resolving issues as they arise.
Objective 2 related to Conflict of interest (Col)management:
- Ensuring all members have updated Col Declarations on record;
- Pre-screening meetings agendas against Col declarations; identifying perceived, potential or actual Col and informing the TNCM Chair;
- Supporting the TNCM Chair with managing and mitigating identified Col before, during and after meetings.
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation including Col declarations, meeting minutes and the management of these documents.
Objective 3 related to Policies & Procedures
- Ensuring the adoption and implementation of the Code of Conduct by the TNCM as a body, by all TNCM members and for new members going forward, and documenting the adoption;
- Ensuring existing governance documents are periodically reviewed and revised as needed and endorsed by the TNCM (by-laws, Col procedures and declaration forms) and that they reflect the TNCM Code of Conduct.
Objective A related to Accountability in case of alleged or reported breaches:
- Ensuring TNCM Code of Conduct breaches are appropriately and timely reported, addressed and documented;
- Promoting and supporting compliance with the Whistleblowing Policy (Duty to Speak Out);
- Supporting the response to potential ethical misconduct, including advising on investigations;
- Initiating or supporting actions taken to prevent, manage and sanction TNCM Code of Conduct breaches.
Objective 5 related to Protection from Sexual Exploitation
Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH):
- Supporting the TNCM in its shared responsibility for preventing and responding to SEAH, child protection, and related abuse of power in the context of Global Fund programs;
- Supporting fund recipients in the execution of their PSEAH obligations and overseeing their ongoing adherence to the PSEAH requirements in the Code of Conduct for Recipients;
- Serving as the in-country point of contact for the Global Fund on matters of PSEAH and coordinating the PSEAH Focal Points at the Principal Recipient level;
- Acting as a “safe space” for in-person reporting of SEAH allegations and ensuring that the same exists across implementers;
- Where available, joining and participating actively in any incountry PSEA networks 1;
- Maintaining up-to-date referral pathways for victim/survivor support referrals;
- Liaising on victim/survivor support with the Global Fund’s Victim Advocate and In-Country Support Coordinator;
- Providing expertise on PSEAH to the TNCM, including support and guidance to the TNCM leadership;
- Organizing an annual PSEAH training for TNCM members, with the support of the incountry PSEA network and the Global Fund
Key Performance Indicators:
- All TNCM members have adopted the TNCM Code of Conduct within three months of becoming a member.
- All TNCM members have completed the online trainings available on iLearn and new members have done so within six months of becoming a member.
- All TNCM members are trained regarding PSEAH, and continued PSEAH training is planned at least one time per year.
- All in-country PSEAH meetings are attended by the TNCM Ethics Officer, or an appointed deputy as required, and key relevant information is brought back and shared with TNCM members at the following TNCM meeting.
- All documents related to Col are accessible and regularly updated, so that they can be shared and accessed by the Global Fund’s Ethics Office as needed.
- Timely circulation of ethics related at least five working days before each meeting is considered best practice.
Perform any other duty as requested by the TNCM Executive Secretary
Qualifications Essential for Ethics Officer :
- Advanced degree in public health, ethics, law, public administration, business administration, or related field.
Experience Essential for Ethics Officer :
- Solid experience in building and developing partnerships in political environments and in mediating complex issues and deliverables at country, regional and international level.
- Experience working in program planning and management, and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in PSEAH or a related field, or in the prevention of/response to issues of misconduct.
- Solid understanding and experience of strategic, organizational, and management issues.
- Understanding of Global Fund processes and its funding model.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Desirable:
- At least 5 years of professional experience (international or national) working in planning or management in the humanitarian sector or public health or disease program management.
- Working level of English and Kiswahili.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, email, internet and websites.
- Robust understanding of Governance and Ethics matters.
- High degree of organization, initiative, political awareness and knowledge of public health issues.
- Strong inter-personal skills and proven ability to communicate and interact diplomatically with high-level officials from the government, NGOs, UN agencies, the private sector and incountry PSEA network members.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Previous experience and/or background with government or private sector desirable.
Ethics Officer APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested applicants who fully meet the requirements should send a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) in pdf and email to the address shown below no later than 6th June, 2022. The CV should include contact details of three professional references one being your current Line Manager / Employer. Late submission of applications and supporting documents will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Submit your application to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Advert related to jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania march 2022, jobs tanzania january 2022, jobs tanzania government, undp jobs tanzania, zoom jobs tanzania, unhcr jobs tanzania, mabumbe jobs tanzania, icap jobs tanzania, great jobs tanzania, ngo jobs tanzania
new jobs tanzania, us embassy jobs tanzania, total jobs tanzania, jobs in tanzania, jobs in tanzania 2022, jobs in tanzania for foreigners, jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi dar es salaam, nafasi za kazi 2022 dar es salaam, ajira portal, nafasi za kazi tamisemi, nafasi za kazi wiki hii, nafasi za kazi mashirika binafsi 2022, ajira tanzania
View more jobs Here
Our Chatting WhatsApp Group for Instant Updates Here
Our Telegram Channel For Instant Updates Here