Country Manager Tanzania Jobs at Gap Recruitment Services Kenya 2023; At Gap Recruitment, we are a leading recruitment firm in Kenya, serving both international and local companies. Our goal is to help employers find quality candidates who fit their company culture and to assist job seekers in finding their dream job and a fulfilling career.
We have the expertise and resources to find the right fit for any vacancy, but we also understand that it takes more than just technical skills to succeed in a role. That’s why we focus on understanding your specific needs and culture, and why we maintain close relationships with the professionals in our database.
This enables us to quickly find the perfect match for both employers and job seekers. Whether you’re an employer looking for talented employees to drive productivity or a job seeker looking for your next opportunity, we are your staffing team and we are dedicated to your success
Country Manager Tanzania Jobs at Gap Recruitment Services Kenya 2023.
JOB TITLE: COUNTRY MANAGER, TANZANIA
INDUSTRY: SOLAR & ENERGY
GROSS SALARY: COMPETETIVE
Our client is a leading solar company in East Africa. They seek to hire a country manager who will be responsible for the strategic direction, particularly the Overall Sales and Profitability Management of the Country assigned, as well as day to day responsibilities, including Company management, sales, debt, business growth key client relationships and customer experience.
The key Responsibilities:
- Corporate Goals
- Manage the country operation which includes a head office in Dar Es Salaam, and depots in Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, Songea and Dar.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies for achievement of revenue targets and increase of market share and profitability on sustainable basis in line with Strategic Plan.
- Understand Tanzania market needs, behavior attitudes, consumer needs and advising the management on the same
- Sales & Marketing
- Direct Sales team and establish sales targets for the team as per Strategic Plan, by helping them break the same by territory, quarterly, monthly, weekly & daily targets.
- Provide on going leadership & support to the entire field team and the distribution channel.
- Continually assist the field & the distribution channel, in managing secondary sales and ensuring achievement of primary objective.
- Management of Distribution network by defining effective terms of operations.
- Focus on channels like Institutions and Modern Trade to build Distribution, Visibility and volumes.
- Improve effectiveness of the business by process improvements like reduction in Discounted/ Credit notes, Sales return minimization etc.
- Drive performance management with the team structure to deliver the countrys performance scorecard.
- Liaise actively with the Area/region to ensure dynamic pricing achieved in line utilization targets.
- Monitor and analyze sales & market trends to develop and implement effective strategic sales plans and actions for both short and long term
- Increase solar dealer network within Tanzania to grow the solar business
- Coach and drive the Tanzania sales team to aggressively grow our footprint on delivering two-way (Customer and our value) complementing our strong footprint.
- Grow brand positioning in Tanzania market, advising management on activities on the ground.
- Ensure brand profitability through correct pricing, policies & product costing
- Track lost business, and start afresh, within timely service recovery.
- Actively monitor local customer experience metrics across segments and drive local improvement to improve customer satisfaction along with Customer Experience Standards.
- Relationship Building
- The concerned person would be an expert in prospecting for CUSTOMERS, making them feel affiliated to our BRANDS, going beyond their needs and nurturing genuine relationships.
- Continually manage key stakeholders and customers relations as well as cost and efficiency improvements in the Country.
- Arranging formal & informal entertainments/services: dinners, lunches, special deliveries
- Develop relationship with key personals in country Key opinion leaders & Key clients.
- Representing the company in any business functions
- Manage all stakeholder relationships.
- Stock Management of all products
- Effectively manage staff and resources through monitoring of sales performance and rewarding results
- Support, motivate and cultivate a culture of teamwork in Tanzania
- Management of the Tanzania operation in a cost-effective manner, ensuring proper care & usage of all fixed and movable company assets
- Strategic Reporting
- Provide a monthly report showing key highlights of the company’s performance
- Analysis of Market data to devise and implement plans for improving territory performance, brand performances v/s market indicators and productivity of field force.
- Forecast the market dynamics time to time and to be proactive to overcome challenges & to avoid business loss.
- Advice management on strategic issues relating to product lines, new proposals and problem areas.
- University graduate, preferably in B. Com/business administration with related professional qualifications in sales and marketing.
- 8 years sales and marketing experience, three (3) of which should be in a management level.
- Proven track record in sales & marketing. Able to deliver beyond set targets
- A motivational, empowering leader
- High levels of Integrity
- Proactive, self-driven, and results oriented individual
- Easily adoptable to different cultures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated and loyal.