Job Opportunity at World Food Programme (WFP)
National Administration Officer, NOA in Dar es Salaam Country Office at WFP 2022
National Administration Officer, NOA
World Food Programme
WFP Jobs Opportunities, WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT World Food Programme WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Has gained experience in administration.
• Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day to day work.
• Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
The Administration Officer will report to the Head of Support Services in Dar es Salaam Country Office and will be receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
WFP Jobs Opportunities PURPOSE
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES for WFP Jobs Opportunities (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
2. Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
3. Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
8. Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES for WFP Jobs Opportunities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFICWFP Jobs Opportunities REQUIREMENTS
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management for Administration and Engineering Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise. WFP Jobs Opportunities
Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience. WFP Jobs Opportunities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for WFP Jobs Opportunities
-The applicant should be a Tanzanian National.
– Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
– Applicants must be submitted online.
– Use English language only.
– Attach copies of your qualification.
– By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 25 May 2022.
Female applicants, people with disability and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service. WFP Jobs Opportunities